Show us your tools

Lucky Phil

20 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Interesting, do you have a higher res shot so I can see the workings?

Ciao

Here's a closer shot of the critical parts (not showing the typical T-handle and bit holder on opposite ends).  I'm quite limited on the size of pictures I can post here, so this is the best I can do after shrinking the frame,  and hence the rather small pics earlier.  Shown also is the original mailing box, but I don't still have the receipt, alas.  Now that I think of it, the tool may have cost closer to $75, but I'm just guessing now, it was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.   B)

IMG_0601a.jpg

Note, I corrected a misstatement in my post above.  "Depending on how far the sliding hammer is rotated with respect to the Delrin buttons, the tool may be used to either tighten or loosen screws or bolts" should instead read "Depending on which way the sliding hammer is rotated with respect to the Delrin buttons, the tool may be used to either tighten or loosen screws or bolts."  Of course, only an idiot would use an impact driver to tighten a fastener, it is generally useful only for loosening.  Some specialized bits to cut new slots in buggered screw heads were supposed to be included with the tool, but Joe was out of them when he sent my example, and I never did get them.  Too bad, they would have been useful in a few cases. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Ahem. I'm looking for the hammer, and not seeing it..

Good pick up Chuck.Although it is a Honda specific kit so maybe they dont need one. 

Ciao

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, nobleswood said:

I'm just wondering where the block plane gets used :o

Me too. Also the pipe wrench and chisels. I think docc is a very clever and resourceful guy. Like the song goes: he does it his way!

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:36 AM, Kane said:

Me too. Also the pipe wrench and chisels. I think docc is a very clever and resourceful guy. Like the song goes: he does it his way!

Those are my Brembo brake tools!

92284425_2791824434199359_17379177871515

(Image borrowed from Randy's "I-Talian" thread . . .)

[edit/21 May 2020: bummer: dead image link.]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1