Show us your tools

Lucky Phil

O.K. Due to the overwhelming lack of interest since Monday, I'll spill the beans. These tools are used for front end alignment on US made autos with  some being specific to certain popular models. Some are generic and provide access to bolts and nuts  without being a contortionist. The secondary use for the tapered tool is for hub cap removal.  Hope this helps:luigi:

Paul B:bier:

• Haha 1

I decided to keep it simple so as to avoid exceeding my abilities. For those ever important Odyssey voltage checks, it finally struck me that I am a fumble-fingered fool and do not like fiddling around or dropping things. So, a couple of banana plugs, an SAE charging connector, a touch of solder and heat-shrink insulation and I can now plug-n-play to check the voltage.

IMG_2992.JPGIMG_2993.JPG

• Like 2

Today I realized  I have used these for over 45 years...I have some "good" Snap On digital calipers..but it seems whenever I need them the battery is dead..So far the battery has never let me down on these..:-)

)IMG_5073.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, battery powered digital calipers suck. I dumpstered my Federals.. gimme an indicator caliper every time. Come to think of it, about all of my tools are antiques. How could they be? I bought most of them new..:huh2: 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Today I realized  I have used these for over 45 years...I have some "good" Snap On digital calipers..but it seems whenever I need them the battery is dead..So far the battery has never let me down on these..:-)

Interesting... Even though I like analog ones and have learned the ropes with them, I have two 10eur cheap digital ones... So far (5yrs), I've never replaced one battery. One of the two is even in the shed where temps go sub-zero in winter...

4 hours ago, Tinus89 said:

Interesting... Even though I like analog ones and have learned the ropes with them, I have two 10eur cheap digital ones... So far (5yrs), I've never replaced one battery. One of the two is even in the shed where temps go sub-zero in winter...

Yours are new tech. The old ones were "cutting edge" 25 years ago, and absolutely ate batteries. My Federals were one of those. I had a job running glass filled Delrin that absolutely ate up the rack and pinion of indicator calipers, so I bought in to the new digitals at that time. If you got a month out of a set of fairly expensive batteries, you were good. :huh2: I didn't mind at the time, it was part of the cost of doing business.

• Like 1