Jump to content
Lucky Phil

Show us your tools

Recommended Posts

"Main Box" :thumbsup:

IMG_2160.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hand wax....new addition to the shop's fluids shelves.

IMG_20200414_112458706.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_2455.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of hammers.  I used my orange plastic Harbor Fright mallet for the first time.  I was mowing the lawn.  I tried restarting the mower after gassing it up and pulled the starter cord and the ratchet mechanism pulled out.   So I pulled the cord, then smacked the mower with the mallet and the cord engaged, the mower started and the ratchet still works.

The timing of the pull and smack was key.   :luigi:

$209 Ace Hardware price tag still on it after 4 seasons.  :grin:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gstallons said:

$209 ?

I remember when they were $109 but that was back in the '80s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gstallons said:

Can anyone post a pic of this hammer ?

I was thinking it's a $209 mower . .  .  although, I've seen some $209 hammers (that I have lusted after . . .):huh:

Okay, those may have been Gränsfors Bruks axes . . .  :wub:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSgJ0J_RtNX_aF0UEzWil_794xN.1897460406_7wwm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 1:22 PM, LowRyter said:

Speaking of hammers.  I used my orange plastic Harbor Fright mallet for the first time.  I was mowing the lawn.  I tried restarting the mower after gassing it up and pulled the starter cord and the ratchet mechanism pulled out.   So I pulled the cord, then smacked the mower with the mallet and the cord engaged, the mower started and the ratchet still works.

The timing of the pull and smack was key.   :luigi:

$209 Ace Hardware price tag still on it after 4 seasons.  :grin:

You could probably Knock them down a bit on that, you know,hammer out a deal.

Ciao

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You could probably Knock them down a bit on that, you know,hammer out a deal.

Ciao

I'd have to give them a pounding.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just mowed today.  Ratchet is slipping about half way in the travel.  I hope I can make it through the summer. 

Not sure I am ready for a battery mower yet.  I might get hammered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 1:41 PM, docc said:

I was thinking it's a $209 mower . .  .  although, I've seen some $209 hammers (that I have lusted after . . .):huh:

Okay, those may have been Gränsfors Bruks axes . . .  :wub:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSgJ0J_RtNX_aF0UEzWil_794xN.1897460406_7wwm.jpg

Hey docc, I’ve got one of those trendy, over-priced GB axes! I have their Small Forest Axe, but I sent the first one back because of a sloppy head alignment. The second one they sent me is fine, and it’s a nice handy large hatchet / small axe, but I actually use my Husqvarna axe more and find it just as good an axe at less than 1/3 the price of the GB! I did however refinish the Husky’s handle with linseed oil and cleaned up the edge, and now it’s very much on par with the GB. Actually the Husky’s handle has better grain!

Husqvarna’s on top, GB’s on bottom:

772B0885-6BEC-47B8-8334-9BAC7EFE89BB.jpeg

5B4D1791-F6ED-4303-9A54-1D8896B39EDF.jpeg

5E3C2A45-AE79-463E-AC97-8E1AE12F4843.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know about the Husky! I do enjoy my small collection of axes.

They’re like hammers with an attitude.:sun:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed!

Here’s one my faves, an old U.S.F.S. double bit with a True Temper Kelly Work Flint Edge head:

 

EBBAB6DD-AA0F-4F23-8892-6A996049C50F.jpeg

4D6BC221-F054-405E-92F9-8382E17BBDAA.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...