Covid-19 - Paul (Daytona) is infected

biesel

Super guy!

Thoughts, prayers, best wishes from the top of Virginia,

Bill & Kathi

Yesterday this was written on the dutch Guzzi forum:

Unfortunately, Paul has a relapse. That sucks but it does happen to almost every patient, right now in the process (between 5 and 7 days in the ICU). He now lies on his stomach with more ventilation and more sleeping medicines, and he responds well to that. We now have to wait and see when he gets better, that can take a few days. The inflammatory values in his blood do improve so that is good news. The doctors are still satisfied with his condition. It's all terribly worrying and unfortunately not over yet.

I haven't seen Paul for quite some time; this really took me by surprise. Speedy recovery mate!

• Thanks 2

Hi,

I've spoken to Paul's daughter some minutes ago. She asked me to convey thanks to all who expressed their concern.

Paul's condition is still unchanged, but not worse.

Cheers
Meinolf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, gstallons said:

This virus is a MoFo ! I hope the best for anyone that gets it . we have one confirmed case in our county as of yesterday .

We have people dying around here. Lots of em. We're staying home and hoping for the best.

11 hours ago, Chuck said:

We have people dying around here. Lots of em. We're staying home and hoping for the best.

Good plan Chuck. Its a lock down here for us as well. My son was tested last week as he had all the symptoms except for the fever. I was pretty confident he was ok as the fever is a 90% indicator. Turns out he was fine as was my youngest daughter. Its the highly contagious nature with the virus capable of surviving on surfaces for hours combined with the unpredictability of its effect thats a big problem. Seems there's no rhyme or reason why some seemingly healthy people succumb to it and others shake it off with minimal discomfort.

Ciao   

Phil, glad your son got a test.  Here in the US, tests are in scarcity.  I have no idea how they plan to get the economy going and workers going back without testing.  OTOH, pollution seems to be clearing.  I understand that Los Angeles has the cleanest air in the USA the other day.

There is a rational way ahead and this respite offers some insight.  I think we're rational people but with different agendas largely due to our strada.  Hopefully, we'll learn that we're all embedded in the same strada.

6 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Phil, glad your son got a test.  Here in the US, tests are in scarcity.  I have no idea how they plan to get the economy going and workers going back without testing.  OTOH, pollution seems to be clearing.  I understand that Los Angeles has the cleanest air in the USA the other day.

There is a rational way ahead and this respite offers some insight.  I think we're rational people but with different agendas largely due to our strada.  Hopefully, we'll learn that we're all embedded in the same strada.

I track the data each day and unfortunately you guys are getting smashed at the moment esp in NY. Fingers crossed for you all over there.One thing I know about Americans is when they unite and set their mind on a goal they get it done.

Ciao  

• Like 2

Update on Paul's situation (April 9th 2.00 PM). Things are looking up:

Paul has come through the night quietly, no fever, now calm and stable, inflammatory values slowly falling, sleep medication will decrease a little bit, he can slowly start breathing again himself ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3