Covid-19 - Paul (Daytona) is infected

biesel

14 hours ago, LowRyter said:

....OTOH, pollution seems to be clearing.  I understand that Los Angeles has the cleanest air in the USA the other day....

The freeways are pretty clear and flowing nicely all day, something that usually only happens in the middle of the night. Someone told me that the waters in the Venice, California,  canals have become clear again, and that for the first time in years dolphins have returned to the canals. It shows how resilient the environment is and how quickly it can bounce back from the impositions of human activities. We’ve also had three days of steady rains which is quite nice and badly needed, and makes staying at home a bit cozier. Best wishes to all of you and yours!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kane said:

The freeways are pretty clear and flowing nicely all day, something that usually only happens in the middle of the night. Someone told me that the waters in the Venice, California,  canals have become clear again, and that for the first time in years dolphins have returned to the canals. It shows how resilient the environment is and how quickly it can bounce back from the impositions of human activities. We’ve also had three days of steady rains which is quite nice and badly needed, and makes staying at home a bit cozier. Best wishes to all of you and yours!

I have a feeling that one of the positives out of this will be renewed quest for sustainable and less polluting technology.  I have to think we'll see lots more electrical vehicles once the economy kicks back in.   I don't think people will want to go back to where we came from.  Just a thought, I could be wrong.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I have a feeling that one of the positives out of this will be renewed quest for sustainable and less polluting technology.  I have to think we'll see lots more electrical vehicles once the economy kicks back in.   I don't think people will want to go back to where we came from.  Just a thought, I could be wrong.  

The longer that this new normal goes on for, the less likely the next normal will be like our old normal. I hope that people discover and sustain self-reliance and an appreciation for each other. How long did people keep their Victory Gardens going after WWII ended?

• Like 1

Funny, I'm adding a new garden now.  I've been doing potted tomatoes for the last couple of the years and built a bench for them.  Now we've put some landscape timbers and some top soil down in a spot the will hopefully get enough sun.  We had a garden for years but the shade encroachment or worn out soil got us out of the habit.   I hope to plant next week after the "last" freeze.   

Saw this on Slate today

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/04/victory-garden-coronavirus-wwii-history.html

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, biesel said:

On the 18th of April we got the good news in the German Guzzi forum that Paul recovered (after 16 days in coma).

Thank you, biesel, for letting us know. Best wishes to Paul!

Meinolf posted this in the German Guzzi Forum (seems to be written by Paul´s famliy)

Slow progress, but progress...

Paul is step by step making progress but it will be a long way.

There are two things that are important. First if he will be able to continue breathing without a ventilator. The intensivist told us that it is always balancing on a thin line whether a patient is capable to breathe on his own. Paul is now five days breathing on his own but he has to work very hard.

Paul also has a delier (I think in English a delirium) and therefore he is very frightened and confused. Corona patients are extremely frightened when they wake out of coma. He gets medicine for the delier but sometimes a delier can hold on for a few days to a few weeks. It depends on how he keeps on breathing and how long he will suffer from the delier when he can leave the Intensive Care.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...