Jackal wheels on a sport

griswoia

Ok guys got a lead on some ok Jackal wheels.  Frankly I just want spoke wheels on my sport.  Yeah performance won't be as good but I'm rocking the retro vibe.

So without staging the internet for specs anyone know for sure if these are a bolt up?  If not anyone got an idea of how off they are?

And as an aside what a beautiful spring to be stuck inside on....  I've gotta do something if I'm not riding..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, docc said:

What size are they ?

And what happens with the brakes? Rotors are "part" of the wheels . . . .

From what I can see the jackal has the 5 speed gearbox and the older style bevel box so I dont think the rear wheel will fit. I believe what you need is California wheel hubs laced to wider rims. Pete Roper will know. In general I really like wide rimmed wire wheels but I've seen a few images of v11's with wide wire wheels and it doesnt seem to suit the bike for some reason for mine.

Cant see an issue with the brake rotors thoug docc, maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Ciao 

I have thought long and hard about getting spoked wheels for the V11 and a couple of things are putting me off.

Firstly cali wheels seem to be more appropriate, the rear is a 17in 3.5ich wide, same as the standard V11 front and the front cali hub is twin disc, so maybe they can fit. Back rim on front hub.

Then find a rim for the back.

But spokes would definitely look good I think.

oh, and whats putting me off is the expense, since there doesnt seem to be anything that just bolts on

• Like 1

My EV has a 110 front and a 140 rear.  At least my EVs are tubeless, I don't think the Jackal's are. 

Rims are 2 1/2 x 18 inches and the rear  are  3 1/2 x 17 inches.  I have no idea of the hubs and spacing.

16 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Flashback. I'd do this rim wise if I was going to but its not a look I think serves a std looking V11. Knumbnutz's modified bike maybe but not the std bike for mine.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7014-spoke-wheels-for-v11/

Ciao

I thought it would look worse with the spoked wheels. It's actually not that bad. Would I do it? No, just not worth the expense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

You'd be putting an 18" wheel on the front? That would look really bad. And then there's performance loss..

Yes Cali rims would be the wrong hence the need to re lace Cali hubs with modern 17 inch rims.

Ciao  

On 4/8/2020 at 4:24 PM, griswoia said:

Ok guys got a lead on some ok Jackal wheels.  Frankly I just want spoke wheels on my sport.  Yeah performance won't be as good but I'm rocking the retro vibe.

So without staging the internet for specs anyone know for sure if these are a bolt up?  If not anyone got an idea of how off they are?

What model year? If it's a 5.5 stock rear wheel model, you will not be able to easily fit Cal 1100 wheels, as the hub spacing and related with the rear brake rotor would be problematic, much less the hub spline connection would make it difficult to impossible - not saying it can't be done, but certainly not easy unless you are a machinist or have easy access to one, and even then would be very difficult per the above link.

I'm a Kineo dealer and can get you the Kineo spoked wheels that are plug and play, but they are quite expensive (shown below on a customized Scura). If you are interested in a set, ping me via my website; GTMotoCycles.com - I can also custom lace wheels and source the parts. I've done many sets on a myriad of bikes.

I have extensive experience in doing this, as I've owned about a dozen V11S models, and I was successful in the other direction with fitting V11S wheels to my Jackal; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/todds-jackal-evolution.235/

GTM-KineoScura_800x.jpg

• Like 2