Missing subframe bolt

Grim

Hello,

Whilst continually nitpicking over my V11 in lockdown, I noticed I am missing a subframe to engine bolt, this wouldn't usually be a problem as I would just find out what it is and buy one;  but as this is a 2003 sport it seems to have these mysterious aditional legs on the subframe (part 7 in the diagram) which no parts diagrams seem to have a reference to the bolt that actually holds this on.
Looking on the other side, it is a large mushroom allen head bolt, but I don't want to remove the remaining one to check the size, anyone have any information?

Thanks

6f0640f598792bf519aa32825a8d8def.png

10 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I don't understand what you want . Is it part # 9 ?

No, sorry for not being clear; it is the bolt that goes through the front arms of part 7, they are not listed as a part in any diagrams.

(circled in photo)

Moto-guzzi-v11-7-3308.jpg

It is a  low profile socket head capscrew .   It is a 12X35 1.75 thread pitch . there is a Schnorr washer along w/ Loctite .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gstallons said:

It is a  low profile socket head capscrew .   It is a 12X35 1.75 thread pitch . there is a Schnorr washer along w/ Loctite .

Thank you so much. Is this knowledge through measuring it or am I missing a reference somewhere?

12 hours ago, gstallons said:

So 1 12mm x 35 x 1.75 button head cap screw grade 8, blue loctite and a washer. Cant really imagine why it would be 12mm screw, a 10 would have been more than adequate in my mind but that's Guzzi. Weight, what is this thing weight :)

I wouldnt worry about the snoring washer if you cant source one, a plain one with the loctite will be fine.

Ciao  

• Like 2

They are Schnorr washers . The company is an Ann Arbor , Mi. They invented these .

They are under most of the fasteners on this bike . 

Whatever fits the bolt an looks good can work . If the Schnorr washer isn't readily available , I would use a grade 8 flat washer .

4 hours ago, gstallons said:

How that bolt got out .............IDK . It took a long time to remove .

Various bits have been painted (with wildly varying paint and skill), so I guess it wasn't put back in, or it wasn't put back in tight after painting the engine or subframe.

5 hours ago, gstallons said:

How that bolt got out .............IDK . It took a long time to remove .

well idk neither... i looked down last week and saw one of my clipon bolts was missing... make you wonder about all those bolts you’ve messed with

Hey , about 10 yrs ago I wen to an open house at the BMW store in Cape G , Mo. After I got home I found one of the slip-ons hanging DOWN and about to fall off . ---- ! The best of us miss things all the time . If you ride with a pack , everyone look at each other's bike . IDK why , but you will see someone else's "fault" before you see your own .

It doesn't hurt to do a pre-flight , because there aren't many unnecessary parts on a bike or aircraft .  

• Like 2