Loudest Mufflers? Quat D currently.

ColdandWet

I have been absent for quite some time but I am finally putting some work into my bike now that I have an abundance of time. I bought an exhaust system from a V11 Owner in San Fransisco, for a pretty penny too,  but I didn't like the look of it and want to go back to the dual pipes. I do prefer the dual exhaust compared to the one small outlet underneath the gearbox from Quat D. 

The Xbox does clean the bike up and has a nice sound but I am a believer of Loud pipes Save lives. Is there anything out there ALOT more loud and throaty? Guzzi Tech in California seems to have some pipes that may fit the bill, and so does MG Cycle. Need some help to point me in the right direction. Might be looking to sell the Quad D system if I find the right combination of crossover and mufflers. 

welcome back! For myself, a good xover and MG Ti cans do the trick. Basically a straight through glass pack. Loud when you're on the throttle and as loud as I want it. There is a beautiful depth of sound at idle and at rpm's consistent with average riding.

Thanks, yeah time to get cracking here and do some much needed modifications. Thanks for then heads up. Ill start poking around to see if there are any for sale. Its a shame, I paid 900USD for the Xbox some time ago. One thing that was noticeable was the obvious reduction in weight. I might have my old crossover hanging around, I have read that the Mistral and Stuchhi crossover are good alternatives. and that the FBF is susceptible to cracking. Anyone selling a Stucchi? 

C&W,     I've got a Guzzitech single pipe on my Griso and it looks all right, but I agree with you; I think most Guzzis look much better with a nice set of duals.

I like low end torque, and a Basso Profundo rather than high rpm and a sharp exhaust note.

With that as my goal, after much reading I picked up a Mistral cross over and a pair of their Carbon Fibre Ovals for my V11Lemans.

I haven't heard them yet, but I'm confident I'll be happy with them.

Good luck shopping

Kelly

As I recall, they are louder than stock, and may have a removeable db killer, but the siren song of the eye-candy/beautiful sounding carbon mistrals is hard to look away from. Price tag has kept me from indulging to this point, but I rode a sport with them installed back when I bought my 2nd lemans, and the pleasant memory lingers....

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_336&products_id=3227

Something to bear in mind with cans that have the mid-pipe welded on and are made for low (standard) mount, ...they can't be mounted high. Raising involves turning, which pushes the can outward as it goes up. For high mount cans get them already made as high mount fitment. A separate mid-pipe could always be made for a 'slip-on' if one wanted to pursue that, it's about a 46 degree bend. The MG Ti cans/kit are separate and mount either way.

Stucchi is a great xover, well built. I run one. Mistral is very well built as well and is a favorite. FBF makes an ok pipe and some have noted weld cracks. Mine did not crack running for several years. I switched because it didn't have the central (under tranny) exhaust system mount bracket and I didn't want to put all that weight on my new Ti cans/hangers. Basically that stress is why they crack. If FBF is all you can find or if cheap enough, you can always reinforce it and add the mount point. They are a lighter gauge pipe than the other as well I believe.

• Like 1

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_336&products_id=2531

These are the ones I ended up with, le$$, but still pricey.

I ended up ordering a complete system for my V11 & my CalVin directly from Mistral in Mandello, luckily before the borders got shut down.

Due to the differences in shipping, customs duty, import taxes, brokerage fees etc and with my weak Canadian dollar, I saved substantially by dealing direct with Mistral, fwiw.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

After 5 sets of pipes I settled on these, Brushed Stainless Steel Agostini's and Stucchi cross over. Excellent midrange torque and mellow sound.

V11 Sport

Ciao

easily the most design appropriate and best looking silencer for the V11 Sport/LM.

7 minutes ago, footgoose said:

easily the most design appropriate and best looking silencer for the V11 Sport/LM.

Yes I think they have the "look" thats suits the V11. They are a little too long for mine and could be a couple of inches shorter which would just mean shortening the secondary pipes ( they are separate) and relocating the spring mounts and making up new mount brackets.

I tend to favour the reverse cone style on the V11 and Mistrals are also nice esp the carbon ones, probably better looking in fact.   

Ciao

2 hours ago, Kostarika said:

I enjoy my Exan exhaust.

Exan rear
great sound, better than my Fast by Feracci carbon cans. Great price also.

Yes the black cans suit the black bikes as well. Mounted with a little less angle would be nicer for mine.

Ciao