Loudest Mufflers? Quat D currently.

ColdandWet

1 hour ago, guzzler said:

Those Agostini's do look good !

Gotta say though I love the sound of mine with the Stucchi x and open Mistral Carbon ( Oval ) cans!

Cheers Guzzler

I had the Stucchi xover with Mistral Stainless reverse cone muffler combination and the Agostinis with Stucchi slam dunk them for sound.

Ciao  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ColdandWet said:

I have also read that the MIVVS are a good option as well. With DB killers out are they really that insanely loud? 

Yes. If you want loud, these are your choice.

I’ve actually just temporarily removed my carbon mistrals to refit the mivvs- just briefly, to remind myself how nice they sound!  (The lhs one has bad rash from a spill 🙁)

Without the dbk’s they are shockingly loud.  I ended up cutting away at the dbk’s a bit to find a middle ground in the loudness.

They are definitely my favourite sounding ‘silencer’, if you want an idea of how they sound, check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Rdq5Af7uo&app=desktop

edit* skip to 2 mins in for soundcheck

Edited by stewgnu
extra info
  • Like 1

Obviously so loud they've given you brain damage so you have to tremble post.😆

I'm NOT a fan of loud pipes per-se and can tell you that loud pipes on a Nuovo Hi-Cam will gut the bottom end and midrange while giving you next to no top end so they're a dead loss.

V11's are though, for some reason, able to make a truly glorious sound with the right pipes. The S'toons on Chuck's Scura sound awesome but that's a pretty special motor as well. I've heard some very nice carbon pipes on a few of them too but fully open ones are just painful!

Both V11's and VFR's with full Staintune systems make a truly glorious noise. Those who have them, look after them as there won't be any more.

• Like 1

Loud? Any can by D&D will be terribly loud. M4 I think, is right behind them. Probably no V11-specific cans though. Not for the 'historic" models.  If you're a V7 or V85 hipster with a funny mustache or a beard that looks like a badger is attacking your face, you're good to go.  

I'm kinda stuck with the Staintunes, as they have the mid-welded on. I can rotate them a bit, clockwise on the right and anti-clockwise on the left, but then they'll have positive camber, like the taillights on a 1960 Mercury Comet. Hate to cut that polished SS and have new mids made. Ah, but what am I talking about? If DW likes her spot, there will be no high-mounts.

9 hours ago, stewgnu said:

Yes. If you want loud, these are your choice.

I’ve actually just temporarily removed my carbon mistrals to refit the mivvs- just briefly, to remind myself how nice they sound!  (The lhs one has bad rash from a spill 🙁)

Without the dbk’s they are shockingly loud.  I ended up cutting away at the dbk’s a bit to find a middle ground in the loudness.

They are definitely my favourite sounding ‘silencer’, if you want an idea of how they sound, check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Rdq5Af7uo&app=desktop

edit* skip to 2 mins in for soundcheck

"angry voice" I like that. beautiful bike as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I had the Stucchi xover with Mistral Stainless reverse cone muffler combination and the Agostinis with Stucchi slam dunk them for sound.

Ciao  

Phil- mistral makes the agostini’s (right?), so what was the difference in the mistral reverse cones you had and the agostinis?

i saw some of the agostini’s over in mandello.... sweet looking, and made my wallet itch to jump out of my pocket.  I’ll probably end up going for an upgrade to my perfectly sweet sounding stock sport cans that are somewhat cosmetically damaged (there’s my excuse!) on the lemans, and grab something like what you’ve got.  Interested in the details.

24 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Mine came with M4 . I replaced them just to have something different .

What did you replace them with if you don’t mind me asking? 

There are a couple of full set systems on EBay, I actually did come across my Stock crossover but it looks pretty pathetic, needs a good clean at the very least. But for now I will grab some headers from MG or Guzzi Tech. 

Thanks for the sound bite on the cans btw. Those sound ferocious. I may steer closer to that direction in the end. I’ll reach out to Vlad and Staintunes to see how tho he are over there. 

5 hours ago, footgoose said:

"angry voice" I like that. beautiful bike as well

rather a shame things turned out the way they did.  And that’s not just the damage to my hearing...

7 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Phil- mistral makes the agostini’s (right?), so what was the difference in the mistral reverse cones you had and the agostinis?

i saw some of the agostini’s over in mandello.... sweet looking, and made my wallet itch to jump out of my pocket.  I’ll probably end up going for an upgrade to my perfectly sweet sounding stock sport cans that are somewhat cosmetically damaged (there’s my excuse!) on the lemans, and grab something like what you’ve got.  Interested in the details.

Not to my knowledge but I might be wrong. After having both I never considered that may have been the case construction wise. With Ducati carbon cans you can often tell who made them even without markings but in this case they are totally different in every way.

The SS mistrals looked great but they were borderline too loud with a sharp element to the sound but they also had an annoying whistling sound on the overrun. The Ago's have a quieter more mellow sound on and off the throttle and I think are also a little lighter. I also prefer the brushed finish to polished. They fit nicely as well which is something you cant say for all cans.

Mistral reverse cone cans

009 - Copy.JPG

These came as spares with the bike when I bought it, Madaz I think they were called (someone help me out here). Sounded mellow and fairly quiet but were heavy and looked appauling.

~9803062.JPG

Ciao   

11 hours ago, pete roper said:

Staintune are closing or closed.

Sandy and Polly have moved to warmer climes but sandy is still at the factory during the week mostly, last time I heard which was around 3 months ago or so. I'm sure he'll still turn out what you want to order.

Ciao