Loudest Mufflers? Quat D currently.

ColdandWet

Guzzitech has cool V11 pipes. He also can make you custom megaphones that might fit your bill. Another option is the Mivvs. Those are pretty damn loud too. Just depends if they are visually appealing to you. 

I have aluminum Mistrals on my Lemans that sound awesome. 

But to be honest it's quite easy to make a V11 sound mean. Just about any pipe with a crossover will do it. But if you have a Quad D? Kinda hard to beat. 

On 4/11/2020 at 4:01 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Not to my knowledge but I might be wrong. After having both I never considered that may have been the case construction wise. With Ducati carbon cans you can often tell who made them even without markings but in this case they are totally different in every way.

The SS mistrals looked great but they were borderline too loud with a sharp element to the sound but they also had an annoying whistling sound on the overrun. The Ago's have a quieter more mellow sound on and off the throttle and I think are also a little lighter. I also prefer the brushed finish to polished. They fit nicely as well which is something you cant say for all cans.

Mistral reverse cone cans

009 - Copy.JPG

These came as spares with the bike when I bought it, Madaz I think they were called (someone help me out here). Sounded mellow and fairly quiet but were heavy and looked appauling.

~9803062.JPG

Ciao   

Appalling?  Not sure we agree on that adjective in this case, but those brushed SS ago’s do look sweet.  I can sense the temptation creeping in again to open the piggy bank...   Was out yesterday in the shop (finally finding some time!), and keep looking at my perfectly functional, decent looking stock aluminum cans but both of which have cosmetic damage from the PO.  The more i get the bike cleaned up, the more the cosmetic damage stands out.  Probably just a matter of time till i give in and spring for something prettier.  Those SS agostini’s deserve more attention.  Will look for a good source to shop them.

Phil - where did you source your agostini’s?  A quick search isn’t showing me much, though i assume i just need to look closer.

i’ve seen them upstairs at the actual Mandello MG shop (agostini’s), though i assume they aren’t related directly, the exhaust manufacturer and the retail shop?   I had just assumed the ago exhaust was a mistral product branded for agostini, but i had/have no basis for that other than old assumption.

3 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Phil - where did you source your agostini’s?  A quick search isn’t showing me much, though i assume i just need to look closer.

i’ve seen them upstairs at the actual Mandello MG shop (agostini’s), though i assume they aren’t related directly, the exhaust manufacturer and the retail shop?   I had just assumed the ago exhaust was a mistral product branded for agostini, but i had/have no basis for that other than old assumption.

Direct from Agostinis about 6 years ago The lady there is really great to deal with, cant remember her name but very helpful. I was concerned that they were a polished finish from some of the images at the time and she sent me better photos.

https://ecommerce.agostinimandello.com/index.php?id_product=152654&id_product_attribute=0&rewrite=amv11s24&controller=product&id_lang=2

Ciao