Anyone wear Daytona boots?

Are any of you good folks wearing Daytona motorcycle boots? I am curious on their fit and sizing. My daily footwear are Redwing 8” work boots which I can get in a narrow / B width. I don’t know if Redwing boots are made on a wider than normal last, but the 11.5 B size in Redwings fit me great. On all other footwear I can be from 11 to 12, narrow to wide, depending on the shoe. The Redwings are also my riding boots, but I’d like to acquire some proper riding boots, and the Daytonas look to be good, with Gore-Tex and all. I’ll have to order from Helimot so I can not try them on first, and I don’t look forward to the process of trying and returning and trying again, etc. Helimot also carries one Daytona model in various widths. It’s a long shot, but  have you worn Daytonas and also Redwings? Any guidance would be great. I am guessing that I am going to be either a 45 or 46, regular or narrow. Any thoughts on the boots? I’ve never had a pair proper motorcycle boots, I’ve always worn work boots, engineer boots, or ropers.

Hope all is well and everyone is okay!

Thank you!

I have some Sidi Touring boots that have replaced Guzzi boots.  Both are good.  I just replaced the soles on the Guzzi boots and a local shop had Sidi for half price in my size.

• Like 2

G'day

I wear a pair of Daytona Roadstar GTX Pro boots.

Yep they are pricy about $600 Australian $ I think from memory about 4 years ago.

I'm pretty happy with them and reckon they'll see me out.

Mine are a size 9 ( or 42 euro ) no mention of any narrow or wide fitting though.

I bought them from the Oz importer and tried them on at purchase.

I have a narrow foot size anyway and euro sizing works for me but I think I would have bought a 9 and a half if they had it in stock.

They are a snug fit and are FANTASTIC once you've BROKEN THEM IN !

It took me about 12 months or more to do so, so be prepared for that.

They are extremely well made and tough ( hence the long break in period ) and are what they claim to be!

Money well spent I reckon!

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 2

Thank you for your responses. It’s quite helpful to hear. Btw, Helimot sells the Daytona boots for around $350 USD, which seems like a pretty good price. I’ve emailed them and Helmut seems like a good guy. I know I’m supposed to stay at home as much as possible, but I can’t help but take advantage of the great traffic conditions right now and ride. Am I bad for this? It’s definitely a form a maintaining social distancing. I keep at least 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front of me!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kane said:

I know I’m supposed to stay at home as much as possible, but I can’t help but take advantage of the great traffic conditions right now and ride. Am I bad for this? It’s definitely a form a maintaining social distancing. I keep at least 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front of me!

You can bet we won't rat you out. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ha ha

I'm actually on 2 weeks annual leave at the moment but confined to barracks due to this bloody virus and lockdown!

It's week two and Jeezus   i'd love to get out  for a ride!.

Especially when you sit here in the study looking out on a bright sunny 8 degree ( c ) morning!

Hmm I'll have to keep working on my excuse ( s ) me thinks.At least I can ride to work next Monday.

Hang in there though folks as the isolation caper seems to be working here in Oz and hopefully will do in your world as well.

Cheers Guzzler

Ps it's a worry when the highlight of the week is a visit to the supermarket eh!!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Mikko, thanks for posting. The Falcons look like a cool, serious boot. They will go well with your emerging dark knight bike! As for the Daytona boots I was asking about, I did buy a pair from Helimot. After trying the regular 45 size I exchanged for a narrow 45, and it’s a good fit. The turn around time with exchanges was pretty fast, and Helimot does a good job. Their price on the Daytonas is very good and I like buying from a small mom-and-pop operation like they are. The Daytona are pretty comfortable and seem to be well made. Not too hot for summer riding so far, even with the Gortex boot liner. I have not yet tested the Gortex boot for water protection,  but I look forward to cooler and wetter weather, although wet is only a dream it seems in Southern California.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kane said:

Mikko, thanks for posting. The Falcons look like a cool, serious boot. They will go well with your emerging dark knight bike! As for the Daytona boots I was asking about, I did buy a pair from Helimot. After trying the regular 45 size I exchanged for a narrow 45, and it’s a good fit. The turn around time with exchanges was pretty fast, and Helimot does a good job. Their price on the Daytonas is very good and I like buying from a small mom-and-pop operation like they are. The Daytona are pretty comfortable and seem to be well made. Not too hot for summer riding so far, even with the Gortex boot liner. I have not yet tested the Gortex boot for water protection,  but I look forward to cooler and wetter weather, although wet is only a dream it seems in Southern California.

Had to look up Helimot. Good folks it seems. I may have to get their gloves. Any experience with those?

https://www.citybike.com/columns/uneasy-rider/fear-of-missing-helimot/

• Like 1
1 hour ago, footgoose said:

Had to look up Helimot. Good folks it seems. I may have to get their gloves. Any experience with those?

https://www.citybike.com/columns/uneasy-rider/fear-of-missing-helimot/

I ordered a pair of their gloves with my boots, but I returned them because the fit was not good for me.  The fit was inconsistent between the two gloves: one glove had the thumb cut too long, and the other had the pinky cut too long. They look to be well made and hand made, which may account for the difference between the left and right gloves. I think they would have worked if I were in a situation to mix-and-match individual gloves to get the perfect fit. As I understand it, in the past Helimot had a shop in the San Jose, CA, area, and one could try on the gloves to mix-and-match the perfect pair, and once they broke in Helmut would adjust the fit as needed. That would be really cool. Now their business has moved to on-line. I didn’t want to go through a drawn-our exchange process with the gloves so I returned them and kept the boots. I was interested in the Helimot gloves because I was looking for a three-season gauntlet style. After I returned the Helimots I ordered a pair of Lee Parks DeerSport gauntlet gloves, and they fit great and I like them a lot. I think both the Helimot and the Lee Parks DeerSports are good gloves if you’re looking for a high quality leather gauntlet. One difference is the Helimots have a layer of padding over the knuckles and back of the hands, whereas the DeerSports are thinnner with a double layer of leather over the impact/abrasion areas. The Helimots felt a bit bulky like a ski glove to me, but I only had them on briefly at home, and I have heard that they break in and get bettter as they are worn. The DeerSports feel like a soft driving glove from day one.

Helimot is a pleasure to deal with. I really enjoyed my conversations with Helmut and he was extremely helpful.