Anyone wear Daytona boots?

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

Had to look up Helimot. Good folks it seems. I may have to get their gloves. Any experience with those?

https://www.citybike.com/columns/uneasy-rider/fear-of-missing-helimot/

Good Article by Surj Gish..An inmate here and former owner of my Rosso Mandello...Unfortunately like many things "City Bike Magazine" is now Defunct..I wear Several gloves..but I like my differant models of Aero Stich gloves a lot..I do Wear Daytona Boots which I got thru Helimot..Good Price and very fast shipping..painless transaction..:-)

I would love a pair of custom Daytona boots. They are the pinnacle of motorcycle boots and depending on the model, could very well last you for as long as you’d like. Plus you can custom order them in just about any color combo you can think of.

For the record, I wear Vanson competition weight leathers and the GP armor, plus Vanson gauntlet gloves. I bought my first and only Vanson and it was custom made for me a very long time ago. 

Not to hijack threads... but I wanted to throw these guys in the mix because they are truly world class plus American made. And I wear a Bell Carbon Fiber Race Star Helmet. Good night!!!

• Like 1

That’s great! At the end of May as a birthday gift to myself I took advantage of the sale that Vanson is running and ordered a set of their Sportrider jacket and pants. I did the whole custom measurements chart, and Kim at Vanson was really great to deal with. I don’t expect to see them for awhile as it sounds like right now they’re putting a lot of resources into making PPE. Nonetheless, I am very excited.

What is the GP armor? Is that the standard armor that Vanson puts in their jackets and pants?

No, this is the race level hard stuff. I have the spine protector too. Vanson Armor  It’s a good feeling knowing you’ve done what you can to save your ass should things go sideways.

Kim is the same lady that helped me 25+ years ago. And if you ever get a chance, look them up on YouTube. There is a documentary about them and it’s really neat. I’d love to go wander around in there for an afternoon.

I have two pairs of Daytonas. Pair 1 are very old but still just about serviceable. BMW GSA pegs played havoc with the soles. My bad. Now have the GTX Daytonas which get occasional use on the ST1300. A truly excellent boot. Now, a "left-field" boot that I recently bought, and after some research, is the Altberg Hogg . Altberg make boots for the British Army and Police. The Hogg is their paratrooper lace-up boot, with motorcycling additions. Not sure if made in Italy or England or both. I usually wear these on my Guzzis. They are very well made and I feel secure in them. The standard Hoggs extend well above the ankle. Cost about Euro 220 two years ago. Not bad at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Cali1100i said:

I have two pairs of Daytonas. Pair 1 are very old but still just about serviceable. BMW GSA pegs played havoc with the soles. My bad. Now have the GTX Daytonas which get occasional use on the ST1300. A truly excellent boot. Now, a "left-field" boot that I recently bought, and after some research, is the Altberg Hogg . Altberg make boots for the British Army and Police. The Hogg is their paratrooper lace-up boot, with motorcycling additions. Not sure if made in Italy or England or both. I usually wear these on my Guzzis. They are very well made and I feel secure in them. The standard Hoggs extend well above the ankle. Cost about Euro 220 two years ago. Not bad at all.

thanks. left field is where I play...

https://www.altberg.co.uk/boots/hogg-all-weather-original

• Like 1