New to the neighborhood

KINDOY2

I'm probably in the wrong place to post this..if so..apologies..I'll figure this out soon..

Some of you probably know my bikes better than I do..at this point as both have been listed in this forum before, My "Greenie" was formerly "Scuds Greenie", and My Rosso Mandello is #49 formerly owned by Surj. Ive been riding Italian bikes over 50 years..Mostly Aprilia and Ducati..I havent owned a Moto Guzzi for 3-4 decades when I had a MK1....I Re inspired my self on MG while Riding in Italy 2 years ago and spending some time At Lake Como and in Mandello del Lario..And now I am seriously hooked on the V-11 I love these bikes and just cant get enough riding in, ..that is until this Covid 19 came along. Anyway I'm very proud to own these two bikes  and be a part of this addiction ..I havnt put many miles on the RM..but have racked up a few several hundred mile  rides on Greenie and she runs just flawless..Kudo's to Scud for all of his Fine work!  Thanks All..I'm trying to learn as much as I can from the forum with out being too much of a PITA...lots for me to learn.!!

20200418_154918.jpg

• Like 12

Great garage photo. I miss the greenie sometimes, but I'm glad you are enjoying it.

BTW - you sent me a PM about the pipes. I honestly can't remember what was on there. Post up some pics and we can help you identify the pipes.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all..I'm Waiting for a nice un-cloudy day to pull them out and try to get some better Pics..the Bay area has been a little cool and  quite cloudy the past couple weeks!  I just sit in the shop with a scotch detailing and drooling over them.....

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scud said:

Great garage photo. I miss the greenie sometimes, but I'm glad you are enjoying it.

BTW - you sent me a PM about the pipes. I honestly can't remember what was on there. Post up some pics and we can help you identify the pipes.

I love the greenie..I swear that bike has a personality of its own...everytime I start looking at my other bikes it draws me back.....I've been changing a few more fasteners..just little ones that had a little tarnish with age ..and at some point here I'm going to service the steering head bearings like you recommended Scud..but other wise I am not changing a thing..I did all the fluids, gear oils, motor oils, etc..and used the paint you recommended in your blog to clean up and refinish the Pan ( matched perfectly imo,) and I tried 4 different types of Rizoma mirrors on her that I had here..but every time I   went right back to these chrome Napoleon's you put on......they just seem to suit the look of this bike..they will stay now.

• Like 2

Welcome! The bikes look great and a great backstory, too. That’s so cool that the Guzzi muse found you while in Lake Como / Mandello Del Lario! This place will totally enable your Guzzi-love. :mg: 

More pics, please. Tell us about the Greenie’s exhaust. Chrome and green look great.

While the subject of exhaust is "on the thread" , which side of the footpeg bracket does your (and everyone else) does your exhaust slip-on mount to ?