New to the neighborhood

KINDOY2

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

While the subject of exhaust is "on the thread" , which side of the footpeg bracket does your (and everyone else) does your exhaust slip-on mount to ? 

The bracket bolts to the inside of the bracket on mine. Was only looking at this last night.

IMG_0129.jpg

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

While the subject of exhaust is "on the thread" , which side of the footpeg bracket does your (and everyone else) does your exhaust slip-on mount to ? 

Isn't that like asking what a Scotsman wears under his kilt, or an Irish roadracer wears under his leathers? :unsure::o;)

(Okay, okay, my brackets are inboard like NicoNZ's)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2020 at 5:07 AM, Tinus89 said:

KINDOY2, what have you done to the header pipes to make them this black?

Which bike?

On 4/20/2020 at 8:42 AM, Kane said:

Welcome! The bikes look great and a great backstory, too. That’s so cool that the Guzzi muse found you while in Lake Como / Mandello Del Lario! This place will totally enable your Guzzi-love. :mg: 

More pics, please. Tell us about the Greenie’s exhaust. Chrome and green look great.

The exhaust is just the regular Mistral Aluminum that has been highly buffed..once in a while I use a little "Mothers" on them to keep them up.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:40 PM, docc said:

Isn't that like asking what a Scotsman wears under his kilt, or an Irish roadracer wears under his leathers? :unsure::o;)

(Okay, okay, my brackets are inboard like NicoNZ's)

Mine or outside for now ..but that may change today!

On 4/20/2020 at 5:01 PM, NicoNZ said:

The bracket bolts to the inside of the bracket on mine. Was only looking at this last night.

IMG_0129.jpg

I'm glad you mentioned this..I went out and looked at my Rosso Corsa after reading it today ,,,One side was an 'Inny" and the other side was an "Outty"   I guess the P.O. did that..Now they are both "Inny's"...My OCD feels SOOOO much better..!! How could I ever have missed that?...I'm slipping!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

I'm glad you mentioned this..I went out and looked at my Rosso Corsa after reading it today ,,,One side was an 'Inny" and the other side was an "Outty"   I guess the P.O. did that..Now they are both "Inny's"...My OCD feels SOOOO much better..!! How could I ever have missed that?...I'm slipping!

Nicely done, KINDOY! Instead of just pushing the bracket to the inside, consider loosening all of the exhaust connections and mounts, then "grooming" the system to de-stress the components, tightening in steps in a "star" pattern from the heads back ensuring all of the joints are tight together.

On one occasion after this method, I lost a rather small exhaust leak and was surprised how much running and idle smoothed out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, docc said:

Nicely done, KINDOY! Instead of just pushing the bracket to the inside, consider loosening all of the exhaust connections and mounts, then "grooming" the system to de-stress the components, tightening in steps in a "star" pattern from the heads back ensuring all of the joints are tight together.

On one occasion after this method, I lost a rather small exhaust leak and was surprised how much running and idle smoothed out.

Thanks docc..I did loosen some of the connections ..but not at the heads..sounds like I have a little more to do..it was still pretty stressed ..more than I liked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KINDOY2 said:

Thanks docc..I did loosen some of the connections ..but not at the heads..sounds like I have a little more to do..it was still pretty stressed ..more than I liked.

Thanks again docc..I loosened everything up but between the front balance tube connecting the header pipes together, and he Stucchi crossover connecting everything else together underneath, , their isn't much room for "give"..anyway..I loosened everything, I   had to squirt a little "Breakfree" on some connections, then took my plastic mallet and tapped and moved everything around as much as it would budge until it seemed like there was the least stress...hard to tell if I accomplished anything but it seemed the muffler I moved from the outside mounting to the inside moved its angle just a little so the mounting tab is a little inboard and  the there isn't so much torque on the 2 mounting bolts which go into the can.  I Ran it until it was hot..I couldn't detect and leaks..so WE WILL SEE..I have barely ridden this RC as I was waiting for new rubber since I bought it ,  the old tires looked like new but the date on them told me 13 years old!!, The bike has been sitting the last 5 years so I wasn't willing to roll the dice on that rubber.  Comparing it to my Greenie and my Rosso Mandello it does seem to shake a bit more when Cold and Slow idling but that may be just because I'm not used to having that big Le Mans fairing up there with the mirrors on it moving around..it revs smooth and crisp...further riding and a basic tune up should tell the tale!

• Like 1