3rd bike: V65 Florida Cafe project

Tinus89

6 hours ago, Tinus89 said:

Yes indeed, the tank is big. I don't mind. Keep in mind the goal is a scrambler (less need to look fast compared to a cafe racer), it does not yet have shocks installed (yes to fotoguzzi, I will add shocks) and no fenders & exhausts yet. Also no carbs & filters. Adding all those will add to the body of the total bike and make the tank look smaller again. I'll update once I have those installed with another picture:).

Thanks for the tip on ACF-50, I'll buy that.

Also maybe nice to share: rate my u-joint. Discovered upon removal of the rear swingarm, did not notice anything during driving....

20200910-210050.jpg

That'll buff out.. but if you would want, they are rebuildable. Cheap.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Chuck said:

That'll buff out.. but if you would want, they are rebuildable. Cheap.

Already have a new one installed. The old one was damaged beyond the outer races of the bearings and I did not want to try and resque it with the risk of hairline cracks or anything like that...

2 hours ago, Tinus89 said:

Already have a new one installed. The old one was damaged beyond the outer races of the bearings and I did not want to try and resque it with the risk of hairline cracks or anything like that...

Yah, watch out for those "hairline cracks!"

IMG_3098.jpg

20201115-175049.jpg

So the front fender is brushed aluminium, which I like. The rear one is rolled aluminium. Any idea how I can get the surface finish on the rear fender close to the front one?