Grrrreenie - the long and whining roar

hammershaug

although, on the pipe wrap thang: I had my kwakker headers all wrapped, and was most pleased with the funky look! But later, upon removal, was greeted with an absolutely dreadful cancerous wodge of metal beneath... like i’ve not seen metal in such a poor condition...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stewgnu said:

oh crap- bar-end mirrors are bad too?

There're like those front mounted fender mirrors on cars from the 60's. Look like Micky Mouse ears on a bike.So many high quality unobtrusive standard mount mirrors available now there's no excuse for them.

Ciao

5 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

There're like those front mounted fender mirrors on cars from the 60's.

Dang, I liked those, too. :blush:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-02%20at%204.06.5There're like those front mounted fender mirrors on cars from the 60's.....:-)

Love the car (Healey 100/4 or is it a 3000?) hate the mirrors. If I had one of those the mirrors would be tossed. My dream is to build a Cobra replica(a sixties car). You dont see anyone using "wing" mirrors on them.

Ciao

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, docc said:

Dang, I liked those, too. :blush:

docc we need to have a discussion about "style":) You guys are at a disadvantage I'll admit where Elvis in a jumpsuit and Graceland set the standard, but I'm willing to help:helmet:

Ciao

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Phil said:

Love the car (Healey 1004 or is it a 3000?) hate the mirrors. If I had one of those the mirrors would be tossed. My dream is to build a Cobra replica(a sixties car). You dont see anyone using "wing" mirrors on them.

Ciao

3000......:-)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

My dream is to build a Cobra replica(a sixties car). You dont see anyone using "wing" mirrors on them.

Ciao

Hey, bud. Cobras don't need no stinkin' mirrors!

• Haha 1

Yeah, yeah. Tons of wisdom about tectonics.         Of course I got in line and learned a lot.    And I of course bookmarked in order to later educate myself when ignored problems have their inevitable tantrum.     Your Flickr page? Great photos, great photo album.       A lesson in anatomy. the skeletal system, (the digestive tract), and a lens for once welcomed beneath a skirt.               A good gallery of images; a lot of work to document and post and a hearty hurrah that you did. 

• Like 1

Hello guys!

There has been another delay in my project due to the passing of my father.
We lost him May 17th, our national day. He had suffered from Alzheimer's disease since 2013, and I sat with him when he died. Because of that all my time has gone with the funeral and supporting my mum. I have lost my wife, my father in law, my uncle and my father in 2,5 years. Sick and tired of death. 

Anyway, the Greenie is in good health! I hope to lift her out of the basement soon.
Yes, @docc it's about time, and I will of course post a mirror image :)

Wow, Hammershaug.. you have had your share of heartache. (!) Take care of yourself, now, and keep going forward.. I feel for you.

• Like 1