Grrrreenie - the long and whining roar

hammershaug

Hammershaug,     I feel for you, that's a lot of pain to process.

While you're digesting all that life has thrown at you, please be mindful and careful.

Hope your bike comes out the basement easily, and you get some quality time with it.

Kelly

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know. This makes me look even more forward to "Greenie Coming Up . . ." as I know your friends will be there with you.

Hang in there, friend.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Jan, my condolences.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

Thanks for the compassion, friends. I appreciate your kind words. Yes, I'm very eager to take «miss greenie» for a trip, so I have to get her up soon.

Here's my project status list:

1. Oil Pan is glass bead blasted, painted and back in place. New gasket, oil filter, and bolts.
  2. The battery holder had some rusty spots. Sanded, painted and ready to be mounted.
  3. Burned 30A fuse/fuse-holder replaced with Tyco 30A breaker.
  4. The unoriginal and stiff intake rubbers are replaced.
  5. Fuel filter and fuel hoses are replaced.
  6. Throttle bodies are cleaned and mounted. Partly cleaned in my ultrasonic cleaner with kerosene and manually with brake cleaner. 
  7. The defective electric petcock is replaced with a manual type.
  8. External ground (1,5mm2) to voltage regulator is replaced with new (10mm2/7 AWG)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hammershaug/albums/72157714007221726/page2

Haven't decided about replacing the pawl spring now, or after season. 

Haven't decided to put back the air filter box or the new, big K&N's. Yes, I know, the warning... but I like it that way;)

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, hammershaug said:

Hello guys!

There has been another delay in my project due to the passing of my father.
We lost him May 17th, our national day. He had suffered from Alzheimer's disease since 2013, and I sat with him when he died. Because of that all my time has gone with the funeral and supporting my mum. I have lost my wife, my father in law, my uncle and my father in 2,5 years. Sick and tired of death. 

Anyway, the Greenie is in good health! I hope to lift her out of the basement soon.
Yes, @docc it's about time, and I will of course post a mirror image :)

Thats a lot of grief to process. Keep going, better times ahead.

Ciao

• Like 1

Unknown connectors under tank

Too many connectors and bad memory? I'm not sure where those connectors should be... Can't find yellow/white+black wiring in Carl Allison's wiring diagram.

From Carl's diagram the fuel level switch is wired with grey/white. The electric petcock(or fuel solenoid valve) should be yellow/blue. None of them was functional on my V11.

Right side connector,,,  I'm quite sure is  the sensor in the air box, I will double check tomorrow.  :rasta:  I like it  CLEAN to, nice.

Cheers tom.

Did someone say they didn't like bar end mirrors?

uizUrEJ.jpg

duFLyX0.jpg

They give the absolute best view behind you but they do add to the width.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hammershaug said:

Unknown connectors under tank

Too many connectors and bad memory? I'm not sure where those connectors should be... Can't find yellow/white+black wiring in Carl Allison's wiring diagram.

From Carl's diagram the fuel level switch is wired with grey/white. The electric petcock(or fuel solenoid valve) should be yellow/blue. None of them was functional on my V11.

I can say for sure the r/h sensor in the first image is for the airbox ambient temp sensor.

Ciao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

Great job on the Norty Dave

• Like 1

Right side connector,,,  I'm quite sure is  the sensor in the air box, I will double check tomorrow.  :rasta:  I like it  CLEAN to, nice.
Cheers tom.

Yes of course! It has to be air box sensor. Forgot about that. I clean every connector with electro cleaner. The fuel level connector hasn’t been used for a while obviously, so it’s very dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, swooshdave said:

uizUrEJ.jpg

duFLyX0.jpg

Yes it's a problem that kind of fairing with regards to mirrors. I think I prefer fairing mounted ones but they need to be the "right ones"

Ciao