Grrrreenie - the long and whining roar

hammershaug

Tighter than a camel’s ass in a sandstorm.

Joking aside, got no time to miss Greenie today. 11 hours work on «Temple of the Guzzi».
Timber framing and truss is finished, so a good day.

846c0fe75f6f8aafbde07f70f3e18cb3.jpg

Now, IPA-time.
afadef9afce0e238d175d29e86da2311.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

V nice temple, it still will be crowded  :rasta:,,, they all do.  50cm roof insulation I woud think.  Well done.

Cheers tom.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

61b5270758a2326bf3d3aa8189b394ea.jpg

Miss Greenie is leaving the basement next weekend and moving in here. Almost every hour of my spare time since July has been laid down. Tired and satisfied. Is it worth it? I don't know. The fact I didn't make it in time saddens me. But hey! Another summer is coming for most of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Thought your new Temple was lovely especially with the trees behind and the beautiful house. I must confess I am now stalking you via Google Earth and watched an interesting 12 minutes video of Gausdal and the area. I never expected such diversity in a relatively small area.  I am jealous, Southampton is OK but what was left after the Nazi air raids was torn down by 1960's town planners.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:23 PM, 68C said:

Thought your new Temple was lovely especially with the trees behind and the beautiful house. I must confess I am now stalking you via Google Earth and watched an interesting 12 minutes video of Gausdal and the area. I never expected such diversity in a relatively small area.  I am jealous, Southampton is OK but what was left after the Nazi air raids was torn down by 1960's town planners.

Hey! Thanks. Stalking is good. I'm sure you now more about Gausdal than I know about Southampton:) I know about the massive destruction from WW2, The Saints and Titanic. That's about it. 

There are a lot of curvy roads around here, so bring your V11 to Norway, and I will guide you to Helvete(Hell).

I bunnen av jettegrytene

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, docc said:

And . . . has Miss Greenie emerged from the netherworld to her proper place in the palace?

bed27756f12df6ca38d90e3d6e0f4391.jpg

Thanks for asking, docc. Almost there! Rear-wheel and a new shock in place this weekend. The first weekend in 3 months without building the temple, and time to care for miss Greenie.

New Hagon shockRear wheel back on

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

News from North

It's May in two days. The snow is falling down outside my window, so I escaped the temple, went into my living room and ended up in front of my stereo. I'm spinning a Near Mint 1st pressing of Bobby Darin's Commitment and dreaming of warmer days on the Greenie. 

I've fed miss Greenie 3,5l of Motul 15W50 today. Gave her a set of new NGK silicone spark plug cables and continued cleaning the headers. 

Forgive med «fathers» for I have sinned. I've replaced the Air-box with a set of K&N RU-1780. I have read all pros and cons in the forum, and I may regret it. No problem. 

The Airbox is stored with all parts intact. Even the original ambient air temperature sensor. A new NTC thermistor (3kOhm at 25°C) will be mounted at the front - away from the cylinders. 

Then I have to check the TPS value and fuel trim/CO with GuzziDiag. Never did that before. Thank God for Decent tune-up!

Closing in

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

News from North

It's May in two days. The snow is falling down outside my window, so I escaped the temple, went into my living room and ended up in front of my stereo. I'm spinning a Near Mint 1st pressing of Bobby Darin's Commitment and dreaming of warmer days on the Greenie. 

I've fed miss Greenie 3,5l of Motul 15W50 today. Gave her a set of new NGK silicone spark plug cables and continued cleaning the headers. 

Forgive med «fathers» for I have sinned. I've replaced the Air-box with a set of K&N RU-1780. I have read all pros and cons in the forum, and I may regret it. No problem. 

The Airbox is stored with all parts intact. Even the original ambient air temperature sensor. A new NTC thermistor (3kOhm at 25°C) will be mounted at the front - away from the cylinders. 

Then I have to check the TPS value and fuel trim/CO with GuzziDiag. Never did that before. Thank God for Decent tune-up!

Closing in

Great temple  Jan, and working place  for sure. Room for more bikes, and a  Miele for brews.

K.N. looks cool, up to you. Just another learing curve with the bike. If you do bouth sides ( correct and wrong ) you know more :rasta:.       And the new snow will kill the old snow. 

She will run before may.

Cheers tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...