Roper Plate Poll

swooshdave

Roper Plate Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is your Roper Plate Installed?

• Yup, got the line to prove it.
    • Nope.

21 minutes ago, 4corsa said:

...and date I ask what years they were made?

After they stopped making real bikes. :rasta:

• Haha 1

Dunno what all the hating is about. All the CARC system does is enclose the reactive system inside the swingarm and bevelbox. It is lighter and more compact than the exposed system used on the V11's and the rising rate suspension linkage makes the suspension more subtle and supple than the simple cantilever system used on the Spineys.

It does have its downsides in that it is longer overall than the Spiney set up which contributes to the very long wheelbase of the CARC models but really, I'd defy anyone to ride a well mapped 8V, especially a Griso, and come away saying it was anodyne and 'Characterless'.

Each to their own.

• Like 1

Pete, this is the V11 Sport crowd, it’s ok if we’re illogically biased. :helmet:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48657298937_218f1f6f4a_z.jpg

The Bungendore Beastie!  :sun:

Interesting that for 3 1/2 decades we differentiated (BigBlock) Guzzis by the frames (Loop, Tonti, SpineFrame), then came the CARC!

Visually, the CARC looks so big and heavy, it is interesting to hear that it is actually lighter than the V11 shaft assembly + reardrive.

How much difference is there, Pete?

19 minutes ago, docc said:

48657298937_218f1f6f4a_z.jpg

The Bungendore Beastie!  :sun:

Interesting that for 3 1/2 decades we differentiated (BigBlock) Guzzis by the frames (Loop, Tonti, SpineFrame), then came the CARC!

Visually, the CARC looks so big and heavy, it is interesting to hear that it is actually lighter than the V11 shaft assembly + reardrive.

How much difference is there, Pete?

Yes docc but the total weight is 3 kg heavier than a V11 Sport. Griso's look very long and stretched out to me. I find the look appealing and not depending on variables I not sure about. I wonder how they would look with a tasteful, not too large colour co ordinated belly pan to increase the perception of being deeper in the centre which would lessen the look of length. Like a visual trick.

Petes bike looks really nice in that shot.

Ciao   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chuck said:

It ain't easy being green..:rasta:

Green, being envious of silver...I have that on good authority.

But, in the CARC the shaft runs through the swinger, does it not? If so, that in itself is a huge leap. Does it have CV joints too? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes docc but the total weight is 3 kg heavier than a V11 Sport. Griso's look very long and stretched out to me. I find the look appealing and not depending on variables I not sure about. I wonder how they would look with a tasteful, not too large colour co ordinated belly pan to increase the perception of being deeper in the centre which would lessen the look of length. Like a visual trick.

Petes bike looks really nice in that shot.

Ciao   

You’re telling me a Griso is only 3kg heavier than a V11 Sport or just the swingarm is?