Transmission Frame Mounting Bracket on a Centauro the Same as a V11?

Kane

I have found an upper transmission mounting bracket — the bracket that attaches the top of the transmission housing to the frame — from a salvaged Centauro 1000 frame (the frame number I.D.’s it as Centauro 1000 1997-1999), and I am wondering and hoping that it is the same bracket that fits on a 2001 V11 Sport. From the various on-line parts catalog images I’ve found the parts numbers are different between the models, which is a bummer as I had hoped to be able to put this bracket on my bike, but I’d thought I’d run it by you guys in case someone might know.

This bracket is approximately 6” wide on the bottom and 1.5” wide on the off-set top edge.

I recall seeing a picture here some place of a bracket off of a V11, with dimensions, but I can’t seem to locate it.

Here is a pic of the bracket off of the Centauro:

79DA6085-067B-40C2-9299-7414A8EFC661.jpeg

Thank you for any insight you can offer!

Thank you very much, docc. I really appreciate you posting the link and the pic. That’s what I was looking for but couldn’t find it, even after searching. 

No need to go any further, I can see that the brackets don’t match. The top holes on the Centauro bracket have a greater offset than the V11 bracket. Bummer. I think the Centauro had the 5 speed gearbox. I know that Motiv Cycleworks in OK was making the bracket for V11’s at one time (not sure if they’re still offering them). Was hoping that I’d save a little money with this one. 

If anyone needs a Centauro / 5-speed gearbox mounting bracket (P/N #GU37202805) let me know. I have the frame, too, if anyone needs it, but no title. 

An easy way to measure center to center , measure the inside edge of one hole to the outside hole of the other hole .

Both holes must be the same diameter for this to work .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Thank you very much, docc. I really appreciate you posting the link and the pic. That’s what I was looking for but couldn’t find it, even after searching. 

No need to go any further, I can see that the brackets don’t match. The top holes on the Centauro bracket have a greater offset than the V11 bracket. Bummer. I think the Centauro had the 5 speed gearbox. I know that Motiv Cycleworks in OK was making the bracket for V11’s at one time (not sure if they’re still offering them). Was hoping that I’d save a little money with this one. 

If anyone needs a Centauro / 5-speed gearbox mounting bracket (P/N #GU37202805) let me know. I have the frame, too, if anyone needs it, but no title. 

Last I was talking to Don, he still had brackets for sale.  He had a batch made up when he fixed my bike and is selling them in a kit with fasteners.

• Thanks 2

You know, looking at those images, the Centauro brace does "look" more asymmetrical, but the V11 (Sport 1100/1100 Sport-i) brace certainly is not symmetrical.

The view in the images is also reversed (front-to-rear/ rear-to-front) making it even harder to assess along with inch vs metric, and overall width vs hole center-to-center.

Looks to me that the Sport bracket is offset to the right (looking from the rear) ~5mm. How about an image of that Centauro bracket (asymmetric to the right) with a metric rule indexed from the center of the left, lower mounting hole?

Scud came up with 4,5mm right offset of the V11 driveline with his frame measurements.

"If" the earlier SpineFrames had their drivelines offset 12-13mm (1/2"), I wonder why the earlier sport 1100-i (with 5 speeder) frame bracket bolted up to my 2000 V11 Sport? :huh2:

38 minutes ago, docc said:

Scud came up with 4,5mm right offset of the V11 driveline with his frame measurements.

"If" the earlier SpineFrames had their drivelines offset 12-13mm (1/2"), I wonder why the earlier sport 1100-i (with 5 speeder) frame bracket bolted up to my 2000 V11 Sport? :huh2:

Here is an image of a Daytona RS front frame(foreground) and a later type V11 front frame with the top frame mounts aligned with a straight edge. Sorry about the angle of the shot with regards to reading the measurement. It reads 20mm.

DSC01074.JPG

Ciao

Oh, so, no more hammers in view.  <_<  Now we are flaunting a half roll of paper towels as a tease . . .  signs of the times.  :rolleyes:

Seriously, I am not sure how to interpret those measurements . . .  They are not the same, but????

2 hours ago, docc said:

Oh, so, no more hammers in view.  <_<  Now we are flaunting a half roll of paper towels as a tease . . .  signs of the times.  :rolleyes:

Seriously, I am not sure how to interpret those measurements . . .  They are not the same, but????

Yea look at me I've got paper towels to throw around. My wifes still dreaming about childhood where she used to make toilet paper wedding dresses. Times do indeed change:)

I make no comment on the measurement, I'm just the deliverer of the information although I've always thought it was around the figures mentioned previously. 

Ciao

• Like 1

Here’s a few more pics of the Centauro bracket against a metric scale (P/N GU37202805):

FEF6A3EC-05CD-421D-BF0A-5CF96938D361.jpeg

B67E403B-5BA0-47BB-AC46-C8E7C10D224A.jpeg

C42F19C5-77FA-4D18-A244-8C35DF6BADF0.jpeg

By adjusting the size of the image of the V11 bracket on my screen to match the size of the earlier bracket that I have on hand I can see that the earlier bracket has more top hole offset / asymmetry.

• Thanks 1

Cool! So, using a translucent draftsman's right triangle to strike a centerline, the V11 looks offset ~5mm and the Centauro like 13mm (the "half inch to the right" I recall hearing so much).  So, the V11 driveline is some 38% as far offset, but not perfectly centered, either.

What mystifies me is that part, top, that is fitted to my 6speeder V11 (by me) is from the earlier Sport1100 5speeder. I had thought it was the introduction of the 6speeder that allowed for the reduced offset, but perhaps not? How are the Sport1100 and 1100Sport-i drivelines offset ? :huh2:

(This all assumes the bracket welded to the underside of the frame rail is centered under the frame.)