New V11 in the family!

swooshdave

kONaVOI.jpg

Back in February my brother came out for The One Show and despite it being a bit "brisk" we got out for a little ride. It was his first time on a V11 Sport. He didn't mind it. :D

Fast forward to yesterday...

He and a buddy went down to SC (not too far away) and snagged this thing.

KBbvwNK.jpg

VvkBBTe.jpg

It wasn't expensive. Apparently the owner got some Italian lust and had to have it. Kept the bike inside the house. The master of the house (wife) wasn't too please with the new mistress and made him sell it. :rolleyes:

Very low miles. Engine paint is, of course, not good. The rest looks nice. Some sweet bits on those models. Olins and carbon everywhere!

Not bad for not being green. <_<

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

Wow... Mint condition and only 3k miles! Has it been stored in a container for 15 years or so? 
What do you mean «wasn't expensive»? It's a $7000 IMHO. 
Congrats to your brother! 

$7k seems a bit much, maybe over there.

$7k will get you a really, really nice Scura. Maybe a Coppa. But a Cafe Sport?

Nice! Well, as to price, whaddya wanna pay? That could be made a faux Scura or Coppa with a paint job, since it has the "Ó" and carbon bits. As to mileage, it seems there are the 30-40-50K "rider" bikes and then the garage/house candy that is not even broken in. Nevertheless, they are where you find them.

8 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

I live in a high-cost country, so I'm possibly affected.

$6000 for this repainted V11: https://www.finn.no/176491460

That's the asking price and at a dealer. And it's in a language I can't read. Obviously going to be expensive. :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

I live in a high-cost country, so I'm possibly affected.

$6000 for this repainted V11: https://www.finn.no/176491460

You have more interesting motorbikes in Norway. In the US, the average dealer has a bunch of rather boring bikes. They seem to be either worn out Japanese sportbikes or 400 kilo Harley's with a trailer behind. Much more difficult to find something "interesting."  

7 minutes ago, po18guy said:

You have more interesting motorbikes in Norway. In the US, the average dealer has a bunch of rather boring bikes. They seem to be either worn out Japanese sportbikes or 400 kilo Harley's with a trailer behind. Much more difficult to find something "interesting."  

Depends on which dealer you go to. Also where in this country you are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admin Jaap said:

What's wrong with it? I thought only the early models with the wrinkle finish had problems.

This is a 2004, what year did they resolve the engine paint?

Well Dave, my brother tries to one-up me all the time too.  Looks like he got a nice one. 

I think there are more V11 Sport/LeMans in houses and displays than any other motorcycle. Before I bought Brad's Greenie, I tried to get one that was in an Atlanta McMansion that was displayed next to a full grand piano.  

They are beautiful works of art aesthetically, well the Greenies are.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

The bubble-off black wrinkle paint was 2002 and some "carry-overs" into 2003. Just looking at your brother's, I would say he is good.

'04 Café Sports were among the best sorted of all V11.  No elaborate paint scheme to separate from the tank, but Öhlins, braced LongFrame, and broad bars(for those who love that sort of thing).

Nice piece of kit! And striking distance to the S'xteenth South'n SpineRaid!

9 hours ago, swooshdave said:

As from 2003 MG used the satin finish. But there are early 2003 models with the bad wrinkle paint. (Now I see Docc was way ahead of me with his answer :rolleyes: )

• Like 1

While that was a fairly high price for a V11, being a Cafe Sport it will get more money for it than a normal V11. The extra money gets you better suspension (as you know) and carbon fibre bits. I would happily pay that for a Cafe Sport if I could, and if it was in as good a shape as that one looks to be.

Nice purchase.