IGNORED

Persistent left cylinder misfire

Go to solution Solved by Grim,

Hi Grim,

I know I'm late to the party but FWIW my '02 Scura would backfire then spit off the RH inlet rubber after 100 miles. Replaced the inlet rubber & issue resolved, even found the low fuel light works as I now get 180 miles per tank.

Rgds.   Noel

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do it now while they can't come over . . .  

Oh, bugger. It's idling over 1000 on the tacho, haven't checked in GuzziDiag. Might have to go over this again.... Have I invented a new procedure, BTW? 😉   Thanks for all your help.

Hi Grim, I know I'm late to the party but FWIW my '02 Scura would backfire then spit off the RH inlet rubber after 100 miles. Replaced the inlet rubber & issue resolved, even found the low fu

On 2/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, noel_lemansII said:

Hi Grim,

I know I'm late to the party but FWIW my '02 Scura would backfire then spit off the RH inlet rubber after 100 miles. Replaced the inlet rubber & issue resolved, even found the low fuel light works as I now get 180 miles per tank.

Rgds.   Noel

Thanks Noel,

I did infact replace both inlet rubbers during my troubles! someone on a facebook group kindly donated them to me to see if it helped.

Looking at the originals, they were cracked but definately not all the way through, so probably ok...

17 minutes ago, Grim said:

Thanks Noel,

I did infact replace both inlet rubbers during my troubles! someone on a facebook group kindly donated them to me to see if it helped.

Looking at the originals, they were cracked but definately not all the way through, so probably ok...

Did replacing the inlet rubbers resolve your issue?

The effect on mine were dramatic & defo the cause of my issue.

Rgds.  Noel

• Solution

Whilst it didn't solve it, it did give me peace of mind that I could rule them out, plus the old ones would have ripped eventually. 
What fixed it was re-setting the TPS, balancing the throttle bodies, then balancing air using air screws and a with vac gauge at 3k.

Runs lovely now. Except I haven't ridden it during lockdown so I can't enjoy it!

• Like 1