1100sport xover on a 2005 V11 LeMans

Anders

Does this x over fit to my V11 LeMans from 2005?

https://www.torquepowermotorcycles.com.au/product/balance-pipe1100-sport-daytona-v10-centauro/

I had an 1100sport ie with full staintune exhaust with mistral silencers that run sooo well ,with this x over I was hoping I could come Close to that with the V11 mistral silencers I have.

I realise the mounting needs some fiddeling but as long as it's room for it under the gear box I would like to try.Input appreciated.

Yes I know,it looks like a Stucchi xover for v11 but it's made for 1100sport/Daytona or Centauro so it's probarbly thinner than Stucchi,just like the Staintune-middle-part I had on my last bike.

I'm looking for as much throttle response and torque from about 3000rpm and up,like the Staintune.The Stucchi for v11 I'm guessing isn't doing much below 4000rpm,and my theory is that it's the thinner tube that makes the difference.That's why this xover would be interresting.

13 hours ago, docc said:

Not sure about the fitment, but here is an excellent post by Greg Field comparing crossovers:

Thanks docc.I've read the post many times and it got me to by the Mistral crossover.I really appreciate research like that,but I didn't have the same experience,maybe because I've done some higher compression-porting-job and also with a slightly different camshaft.I tried it with a Power commander but it seems I need something more full flowing.So the Stucchi actually works better for me and I guess I should just use that instead.But then I keep remembering the Staintune on my 1100 sport which was just perfect.It was more responsive and there was tons of torque from very low revs and up compared to both the Stucchi and Mistral.

• Like 1

I have now ordered a xover specially built that looks just like a Stucchi but it's athinner tube and silencers fromm MASSmoto in Italy.This tube is 42mm ID (same as the headers),as the Stucchi is about 45mm I Think.Let's see how this goes..

• Like 2

A Sport 1100, Centaro, and Daytona crossover will not fit a V11 or vise versa. With the Sport 1100 crossover mounting in the same support location as the V11 the headers are about 5in. (125mm) short.

I just made this mistake on Ebay due to a bad listing and am trying to resolve it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks emry for the info,this is good to know for those thinking about a new crossover.I hope you can sort it out.

I will not buy that crossover after all.I asked MASS Moto to build me a full system.