My V11 Build

maxv11

Well everyone, glad to report the V11 is back on the road and kicking ass! I got the new motor put in yesterday and wrapped up all the small things today. I installed a new Roper Plate (very sweet by the way @Pressureangle) highly recommended and a very easy install when the motor is out of the frame and flipped upside down :) I put roughly 30 miles on it today and nothing but smiles, had to stop and get some beauty shots. 

A short backstory, this bike was wrecked and was pretty gnarly. I refinished the gas tank, made a new subframe, new headlight and control area. New bars, grips, bar end signals, new digital speedo among other things. Then the motor went, so bought a new/used one on eBay with 3000 miles, went through it and tossed it into the beast and here we are! 

Now, my V11 may not be everyones taste which I totally get but wanted to turn it into a sweet rugged machine, something to match with the grunt of the motor. It is by no means a Scrambler but has a vibe as such, it's a pavement only bike but the knobby tires really handle well on the street. I can still carve the curves and hit the highway with no issues. 

I don't ever ride in the rain so went with POD filters and no rear fender so no one complains about that...

Anyways, got the bike back together and want to thank you all for the help with my questions and the wealth of info this forum contributes! 

Pics posted below

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Radical! And, being an '04 motor, it'll stay black instead of morphing into 101 Dalmatians. 

• Like 1

Nicely executed blacked out jobby maxv11

For what it is - you got that seat to integrate a lot better than what could occur with all sorts of wrong - nice headlight treatment too

Bet those stubby M4’s would sound frickin awesome!

Love to hear a sound bite...

Radial 705’s or Avon’$ would’ve been my tyre of choice... maybe next time when these knobs square off 

But then again that’s just being incredibly pernickety!