Tell me about the Will Creedon Chip

Weegie

I've heard these chips mentioned a lot but know absolutely nothing about them

The engine I've got is a Non Swiss/US/Singapore HiCam so I was wondering which models is the Creedon chip applicable to, are they still available and would I benefit from getting one for this engine?

John

Ok, I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations are up. :grin: Wayne posted about this last winter, so I'm no longer sworn to secrecy. When the Daytona/Centauro etc. engines were certified, Guzzi, in their inimitable way :rasta: screwed up and used the wrong chip. :rolleyes: It was way too expensive to go through the certification process again, so they sent correct chips to Will on the west coast, Wayne Orwig on the east coast, and Karsten (from memory) in Germany. These were well known Guzzi Guys with electronic experience. They modified the chips and sent them all over the world. Naturally the epa, et al would have blown a gasket if known. (whistling)

Will

IMG_20171014_162214612_HDR.jpg

had a Daytona RS that he used to improve Guzzi's baseline chip, so I would expect he would know what you need. ;) I would imagine Wayne could still burn you one, too. Probably it is still not general knowledge, though..

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Well its like when I was growing up listening to Paul Harvey, "Now I know the Rest of the Story".

Didn't know that thanks for the enlightenment.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, Chuck said:

Naturally the epa, et al would have blown a gasket if known. (whistling)

How many V10s actually were sold? 5? 10? :helmet:

48 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

How many V10s actually were sold? 5? 10? :helmet:

Quite a few. I made head guards for them and sent them all over the world. I've "heard" that Guzzi lost money on each one sold.. but I don't know that for a fact. :) It was a tougher than normal  period for Guzzi, and they were very kit bikeish. I've said before that the only reason they assembled them was to make sure you got all the parts. Kool, though.. I loved mine for long time. :grin:

14 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Quite a few. I made head guards for them and sent them all over the world. I've "heard" that Guzzi lost money on each one sold.. but I don't know that for a fact. :) It was a tougher than normal  period for Guzzi, and they were very kit bikeish. I've said before that the only reason they assembled them was to make sure you got all the parts. Kool, though.. I loved mine for long time. :grin:

So how many did you make?

I believe mine ('93 Daytona) has a Will Creedon chip. But I am not sure. I am not the original owner and can't ask the original owner. But I seem to recall him saying it had a chip. And I seem to think it was a WC chip. I guess I should look into that some day.

I'll contact him, I read somewhere but can't remember the source saying something about the chip being different, perhaps just a label or perhaps something else

I'll see if he comes back, remember that the non US, RS bikes had a different cam, but don't know if that would have a big impact on the mapping or not

9 hours ago, Weegie said:

I'll contact him, I read somewhere but can't remember the source saying something about the chip being different, perhaps just a label or perhaps something else

I'll see if he comes back, remember that the non US, RS bikes had a different cam, but don't know if that would have a big impact on the mapping or not

Here you go John

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kalamunda/motorcycle-scooter-accessories/will-creedon-eprom-chip-daytona-rs/1243440643

• Thanks 1

Thanks Phil & Chuck

Chuck got me details to contact Will & I did that, he's still selling the chips.

I can get a new chip from him cheaper than the secondhand gumtree add, although it is very much appreciated Phil

Going to order up a couple, one for the Australia and another for a (hopefully) up and coming deal to acquire another HiCam bike, as the HiCams keep me so entertained :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Weegie said:

Thanks Phil & Chuck

Chuck got me details to contact Will & I did that, he's still selling the chips.

I can get a new chip from him cheaper than the secondhand gumtree add, although it is very much appreciated Phil

Going to order up a couple, one for the Australia and another for a (hopefully) up and coming deal to acquire another HiCam bike, as the HiCams keep me so entertained :rolleyes:

So the guy in the add says he paid $270 USD what can you get one for? I'm after a std Centauro chip or Daytona RS chip and or bin file. If all I can get is a chip I'll take that so I can read the bin file then I can return it. Anyone out there assist?

Ciao