Tell me about the Will Creedon Chip

Weegie

46 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

So the guy in the add says he paid $270 USD what can you get one for? I'm after a std Centauro chip or Daytona RS chip and or bin file. If all I can get is a chip I'll take that so I can read the bin file then I can return it. Anyone out there assist?

Ciao   

Will is offering me the chips for $114USD/chip Phil

He told me he's able to supply a chip for any 16M ECU and all he needs to know is which cam is installed A or C

Check your PMs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, p6x said:

When you say "chip" are we talking about swapping an EPROM in the ECU?

8 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yep

Ciao

Is there any way to get an insight on what the new firmware improves on, from the stock one? adding more points? interpolated?

I do not know who is Will Creeton; I imagine he has computer skills, and an Eprom programmer tool. Do we have any information on what he changed to improve the EFI, and he got the source data on which he based the changes?

I have read whatever material I found on the "Creeton chip", but not much about the reason why it improves the fuel injection; 

Will sells EEPROMs for the 1100 Sporti, the HiCam engined bikes (Daytonas & Cnetauros) and possibly more I don't know

Chuck stated how Will came into possesion of the map early in the thread and it speaks volumes (to me anyway),

I have one now installed in my HiCam and think it's an improvement in overall engine response and behaviour.

I cannot give you specifics, but I think @Lucky Phil has actually looked at the map, so he might be able to provide some detail on the inner workings of what was changed in Will's map

1 hour ago, Weegie said:

Will sells EEPROMs for the 1100 Sporti, the HiCam engined bikes (Daytonas & Cnetauros) and possibly more I don't know

Chuck stated how Will came into possesion of the map early in the thread and it speaks volumes (to me anyway),

I have one now installed in my HiCam and think it's an improvement in overall engine response and behaviour.

I cannot give you specifics, but I think @Lucky Phil has actually looked at the map, so he might be able to provide some detail on the inner workings of what was changed in Will's map

I honestly can't make much out of "wrong chip". Going on a limb, "wrong chip" may mean released incorrectly programmed EPROMs. Will got replacement EPROMs with the correct EFI program for whatever bikes they were supposed to work.

Ok do you have Will's email?

I'll drop it to you on a PM

You could then ask him directly for the full story in more depth if that's what you need

7 hours ago, p6x said:

Is there any way to get an insight on what the new firmware improves on, from the stock one? adding more points? interpolated?

I do not know who is Will Creeton; I imagine he has computer skills, and an Eprom programmer tool. Do we have any information on what he changed to improve the EFI, and he got the source data on which he based the changes?

I have read whatever material I found on the "Creeton chip", but not much about the reason why it improves the fuel injection; 

Will very generously sent me the std Centy and Daytona RS .bin files for free so I could look at the std mapping . Others wanted to charge me for this 25 year old commercially redundant information. He didn't send me information on his customised chips and I wouldn't pass on that info if he had as he still sells these and it's his intellectual property.

I also was generously provided with a couple of modified .bin files from a member on the German forum, Karsten. Both of these work quite well in my 15M controlled engine and were a very good base to start from for mapping my particular engine. having the base and modified map details was an enormous help reference wise. 

Using a 15M ecu on a Centy or Daytona that you can readily programme with guzzidiag and tunerpro is eminently doable as I have proved. Check out my V11/ Daytona build thread for some details. 

Ciao

6 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Old post I know but 3910 High Cam bikes were made total.

Ciao

Is that both Daytona and Centauro? And, what, 1992-1998?

7 minutes ago, docc said:

Is that both Daytona and Centauro? And, what, 1992-1998?

Yes all Hi Cam powered bikes. For the sake of accuracy I did a quick re check and the number I came up with on the web was 3174 but I'm sure Paul Minnaert and I have discussed this and the number was 3910 which stuck in my admittedly none to accurate memory. Anyway you get the idea, not many in the grander scheme of things. If Paul chimes in I'll modify this thread so nobodies mislead in the future.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I just bought a 1997 Centauro, low miles and heard about this "mythical" Will Creedon full injection chip.  I read this post and sent a PM to a couple of you to see if I can get one.  Any help appreciated, thank you.