Mistral V-Twin Boost12 Fuel Injection Trim Module

4corsa

Was curious if anyone has any experience with this plug and play bit from MG Cycle. Claims to reduce popping on deceleration and improve throttle response with Mistral slip-ons installed. I'm wondering if it is an oxygen manipulator like I have on my Ducati S4R (essentially enrichens the mixture by telling the ECU the ambient air temp is colder than it actually is). Only problem is it only works in open loop, so doesn't help at idle or less than 8% throttle position/low rpm.

Interesting note (but no surprise), my 03 Le Mans runs great with the Mistrals when I have the db killers installed, but I get popping and coughing at low rpm with them removed. Seems they provide just enough back pressure to make the injection and combustion happy.

But if the VTwin Boost gizmo would allow me to remove the db killers and run a K&N filter with the Mistrals for a bit more air and hopefully hp, that would be worth it.c55e72528915aa0c353841e050850f2d.jpg

1 minute ago, Rox Lemans said:

A little bit of ECU trickery? A remap is probably the better bet but for $124 bucks it's worth a try. 

...that's kinda what I was thinking.

• Like 1

It could be worth a try, but I would rather take that money and spend it on a better solution. Trickery like that is almost always a compromise.

All it can do is fudge your fueling. It isn't going to "optimize" anything. But it may run a little better.

Nowadays it is fairly simple to remap you fueling. So many people around here can help you if you need it.

• Like 2

Hmmm. I wonder what is the worst thing that could happen? Maybe wash down your cylinder walls with excess fuel? Just a thought..

If I was going to spend a little money.. I, personally, would get a remap by Beetle.

• Like 1

I'm hoping someone on the Forum has actually installed one of these and can give a first hand  report.  Meanwhile, I'll give Gordon a call at MG Cycle and see if he can provide some additional info.

Don't, just don't.

if it's an air temperature sensor the lambda input will trim around it in short order. If it's a lambda sensor fooler it will only work in the closed loop portion of the map, badly, and can cause dangerous overfuelling issues as can all of these horrid, not to mention absurdly priced, pieces of shit.

Download Guzzidiag, buy some cables, buy or beg a map made by someone who knows what they are doing. It will work better and properly and be cheaper.

Oh, and please, never use the term 'Back Pressure' ever again......l

As I am a person happily in a constant state of learning, kindly shed some light on your exception to the term back pressure.  Much appreciated.

Isn't there some engineering principle that uses an echo from the exhaust in harmony with the valve overlap to enhance cylinder filling? I was under the impression that's what "crossovers" and header lengths were about? :huh2:

Just now, docc said:

Isn't there some engineering principle that uses an echo from the exhaust in harmony with the valve overlap to enhance cylinder filling? I was under the impression that's wht "crossovers and header lengths were about? :huh2:

Yes. Exhaust flow is a thing. But Pete hates the term "back pressure". I really don't know why, but I assume because it isn't technically correct. But if you ignore the technicality of it and focus on the intent of the term I think its fine. But Pete seems to hate it.

...all lead to one of the most important principles of efficient exhaust design which is maximizing the scavenging effect.

• Like 1