Looking to see where washer goes.

aermacchi250

Well,the Bearing puller didn't work.I ended up having to split the outer race of the needle Bearing and removing it that way.

Not Fun in the Least.I do need to replace the washer behind the Needle Bearing.Is it a fairly straight forward job to  get to ,

by removing the flange to get to the Washer?

9 minutes ago, aermacchi250 said:

Well,the Bearing puller didn't work.I ended up having to split the outer race of the needle Bearing and removing it that way.

Not Fun in the Least.I do need to replace the washer behind the Needle Bearing.Is it a fairly straight forward job to  get to ,

by removing the flange to get to the Washer?

If you mean washer #32 no it's not that straight forward.

image.png

Ciao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, docc said:

Agreed, LuckyPhil. The inner bearing has to be pulled and replaced to change that washer. What is wrong with the inner washer that it needs replacing, @aermacchi250 ?

I had to split the Needle bearing outer race to remove it.In the process i dented the washer that is below it.I'd like to replace it.

• Like 1

Ah, makes sense.Yeah that's a deep dive into the reardrive, its bearings, and seals. 

Do you think it's dented badly enough to interfere with the seal or bearing within?

The spacer that is below the Washer does not move as freely as it did.I might be able to tap it with a drift from the Flange/Cover side if i can move the spacer of to the side somewhat.

I seem to recall just being able to see the inner edge of that washer though the deepest bearing's inner race, maybe a few mm?

That's correct,with the Needle Bearing still installed,you can just see the inside

diameter of the washer  looking past the "Lip" of the Needle Bearing outer race.

12 minutes ago, aermacchi250 said:

That's correct,with the Needle Bearing still installed,you can just see the inside

diameter of the washer  looking past the "Lip" of the Needle Bearing outer race.

I'm trying to recall if that is the same looking out from the inside where you could get a purchase on it with a drift . . .

11 minutes ago, aermacchi250 said:

I believe it is

I got distracted looking at your line-up. Wow, bud, nice!!  :thumbsup::mg:

1743653432_AllmyGuzzis.jpg.b08589462cfc7

• Like 1

I have a sacrificial reardrive in the shop I can remove the flange and peer within, but likely not before late this weekend.