What sort of democracy can it be where it's official police procedure, taught at police schools, to kneele on a man's neck? On a man's neck who's hands are already tied up on his back and who's laying face down on the floor? And what sort of democracy can it be where the jurisdiction needs more then a week, if they ever will some day at all, to even react when people get killed by something like that?

A policeman kills a citizen while three of his colleagues hold back the crowd so that the officer can eventually finish his job? 

And this for over 8 minutes? Enough time to smoke three cigarettes?

I don't get it. 

• Like 3

Interesting debate going on in Cheese. Dunno why some see any positives in any of it.

My greatest fear is that it could be an excuse to, if not impose martial law, at least legitimise the suspension of habeous corpus which seems to be at least part of what is occurring in the US.

I truly fear what is going on there now. Take care. All of you over there. 

• Like 1

I wonder what to say, but am charging my battery and putting the GPS back on the Sport for a long anticipated ride.

Keep on the side of good, friends.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, luhbo said:

What sort of democracy can it be where it's official police procedure, taught at police schools, to kneele on a man's neck? On a man's neck who's hands are already tied up on his back and who's laying face down on the floor? And what sort of democracy can it be where the jurisdiction needs more then a week, if they ever will some day at all, to even react when people get killed by something like that?

A policeman kills a citizen while three of his colleagues hold back the crowd so that the officer can eventually finish his job? 

And this for over 8 minutes? Enough time to smoke three cigarettes?

I don't get it. 

Buddy , you ain't the only astonished man on this planet .

• Like 2

1. America is not a democracy. It is a constitutional republic.

2. A tragic case of a bad arrest does not condemn an entire nation.

3. Justice will out.

4. FYI: carried badge and gun for 31 years. That is not taught.

5. Turn. The. Media. Off.

Unless you enjoy having your thoughts programmed into you. 

Next critique....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I left the Cheese and illuminati a long time ago.   I can read still read & watch the media and make my own decisions and judgments.  

<deleted the rest of it>

• Like 2
11 hours ago, luhbo said:

What sort of democracy can it be where it's official police procedure, taught at police schools, to kneele on a man's neck?

Who said it was official police procedure? Or that it was taught a police schools?

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I left the Cheese and illuminati a long time ago.   I can read still read & watch the media and make my own decisions and judgments.  

<deleted the rest of it>

What is this Cheese?

Ciao

• Like 2
3 hours ago, swooshdave said:

Who said it was official police procedure? Or that it was taught a police schools?

Excessive force has never been taught. Has it been practiced? Of course! Sufficient force to overcome resistance is certainly taught, as it is both sound reasoning and should be common sense. Having said that, homicide is certainly committed by some police officers. Why? We will never know. Some of them were never fit to carry badge and gun. Others might have been under a load of stress, on drugs - prescription or otherwise. Either way, and no matter the cause, intentional homicide should net one a controlled environment for the amount of time that judge or jury decides. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

What is this Cheese?

Ciao

Two Guzzi affiliated rider boards, one on the left and the other on the right.  Too extreme and soulless for me.  Since it's been years, I suppose the current participants can provide a much more accurate view than mine.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, po18guy said:

Excessive force has never been taught. Has it been practiced? Of course! Sufficient force to overcome resistance is certainly taught, as it is both sound reasoning and should be common sense. Having said that, homicide is certainly committed by some police officers. Why? We will never know. Some of them were never fit to carry badge and gun. Others might have been under a load of stress, on drugs - prescription or otherwise. Either way, and no matter the cause, intentional homicide should net one a controlled environment for the amount of time that judge or jury decides. 

Why?  Because they keep getting away with it, hence protests.   You might say failure of the police to police themselves. 

• Like 1