I'll be watching this thread. These kind of topics easily get out of hand and please keep in mind this is an international BIKE forum with views on every side of the political spectrum (and further), so please be respectful.

• Thanks 7
On 5/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, po18guy said:

1. America is not a democracy. It is a constitutional republic.

2. A tragic case of a bad arrest does not condemn an entire nation.

3. Justice will out.

4. FYI: carried badge and gun for 31 years. That is not taught.

5. Turn. The. Media. Off.

Unless you enjoy having your thoughts programmed into you. 

Next critique....

I don't really come here for politics.

But I gotta say;

1) Yeah, we are a democracy, and a constitutional republic. The two are not mutually exclusive.

2)This is not in any way an isolated case.

3) So often in this country justice does not prevail. Especially if you aren't white.

4) It may not be taught, but it is clearly practiced.

5) Sorry, but the media isn't to blame. Turning them off and ignoring this problem won't fix it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Political threads are very divisive. I well remember when two guys that I know, like and respect.. one left and one right.. blew up Wildguzzi. That caused Luap's "no politics" policy.

We, on this little V11 forum, won't cure the problems of the world.. as much as we would like to. My personal opinion is that we should just keep it V11S related. :oldgit:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Political threads are very divisive. I well remember when two guys that I know, like and respect.. one left and one right.. blew up Wildguzzi. That caused Luap's "no politics" policy.

We, on this little V11 forum, won't cure the problems of the world.. as much as we would like to. My personal opinion is that we should just keep it V11S related. :oldgit:

Thank you, Chuck. When we waded into this sort of thing before, I suggested that allowing any of us to grow stand-offish over these sorts of things will interfere with someone's ability or willingness to either help, or listen to, someone else concerning our shared passion: the Moto Guzzi V11. :mg:

What a shame that would be.  :(

I respectfully submit that we, if you would please, just set this aside while we come here to our oasis of safe ground and common interests.

Just asking . . . :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The danger with just flushing this thread, is the loss of the evidence of this steaming pile of pollyannic myopic Monday morning quarterback BS.

Well, this is the subforum for 'Everything Non-Guzzi and Redneck Trash-Talk', albeit it could as well be filed under '24/7', this being a topic definitely affecting everydays' life in my opinion. Law enforcement agencies actively and/or passively (time will tell), through their agents and officers, are killing citizens, and others look actively away, being afraid of whether their GPS system will be charged right in time before they start for a fun tour. Or they look actively away saying that they never have done such things during their 35 years in service.

Latest update over here: coroners report that this man died not only because a police officer was kneeling on his neck for minutes but also because two other men, also wearing the badge as you call it, were sitting on his back during the same time. Three men on one body.

I don't think that's something that could be flushed. Flush it and it's out of sight, in reality that's the point where the unappetising part of the procedure begins.

Although I agree that the stuff that's going is very serious and should be addressed, I still don't think a bike forum is the right place to discuss this. I've had so much sh*t in the past with political threads, that I've become very wary to allow it over here. That's why I'm locking this thread.

From the forum rules you all agreed to when signing up:

Having fun is good, we like fun. Please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement. Political discussions are not allowed. There are plenty political forums on the web .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6