1968 Guzzi V700 Project Finished!

Dave Swanson

I purchased this bike 13 years ago from Ken Johnson at Atlas Cycle in Tulsa, Oklahoma just before Ken retired and sold the business.  Ken told me that it had been on display at the shop for many years.  The bike hadn't been licensed for the road since 1977.   

All of the tinware retains its original paint.  The frame and other black bits were re-painted, and the rusty hardware was cadmium plated. 

I tore the bike down, ordered a Gliardoni cylinder set and for the next 12 years the bike was in boxes.   Last year I got serious about finishing it.  Today I finished the wiring.  I installed one of Greg Bender's fabulous wiring harnesses.  I also installed his slick "relay solution" panel.  Everything worked flawlessly.  This was a very rewarding project! 

IMG_6804_(2).jpg

IMG_6805_(2).jpg

IMG_6808_(2).jpg

IMG_6826_(2).jpg

IMG_6821_(2).jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful. The paint looks amazing for a 50+ year-old motorcycle. The whole bike looks amazing! You must a proud papa! The Italian red is starting to get to me.....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dave that’s a beautiful motorcycle. One of those was my first Moto Guzzi of course it wasn’t as tasty as the one you finished .  To quote the country singer George Jones “it reminds me of the one I loved back then “  thanks for sharing, great job. 

• Like 2