Not a lot to do....

leroysch

....while waiting for a tow other than to take a pic (and find some shade!). Interesting experience as all these unplanned events result in (usually). Two passing bikers stopped as well as a couple in a pickup which was a nice reaffirmation of the inherent kindness of folks, a pleasant break from our current craziness. The brother of the guy who owned the towing outfit that was called lived a 1/2 mile down the road from where I broke down. He showed up on his bike. Apparently, a fuel tanker which services a number of the gas stations in the area delivered a incombustible gas/water mixture and the owner was stacked up with vehicle recoveries for the rest of the day. Well, the guy took the time to swing by his house, load up his pickup and attached a motorcycle trailer to his flatbed recovery vehicle, and dropped off said equipment where I broke down. The three of us had everything loaded up in short order. Have to give a shout-out to AMA roadside assistance who found somebody with the right equipment. I've not been as lucky in the past....

IMG_20200603_124811506_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leroysch said:

....while waiting for a tow other than to take a pic (and find some shade!). Interesting experience as all these unplanned events result in (usually). Two passing bikers stopped as well as a couple in a pickup which was a nice reaffirmation of the inherent kindness of folks, a pleasant break from our current craziness. The brother of the guy who owned the towing outfit that was called lived a 1/2 mile down the road from where I broke down. He showed up on his bike. Apparently, a fuel tanker which services a number of the gas stations in the area delivered a incombustible gas/water mixture and the owner was stacked up with vehicle recoveries for the rest of the day. Well, the guy took the time to swing by his house, load up his pickup and attached a motorcycle trailer to his flatbed recovery vehicle, and dropped off said equipment where I broke down. The three of us had everything loaded up in short order. Have to give a shout-out to AMA roadside assistance who found somebody with the right equipment. I've not been as lucky in the past....

IMG_20200603_124811506_HDR.jpg

You need to carry a plug repair kit, but it's nice to know there's help out there.

Ciao

• Like 2

That sucks, but nice to know what the problem was, hopefully will save you grief getting it running well again

good luck with it

V11’s create a hell’uva lot of interest wherever they land - people & other bikers just love to find an excuse to sidle up & have a perve, a chat, even give a generous helping hand! 

Now if it was a generic like a Honda or sumsuch - meh! I wouldn’t be so sure.

Better clean it though - she’s looking a bit skanky 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1