V11 Custom Builds

Kane

Not sure if these have been posted before, but you might find this of interest:

https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/moto-guzzi-cafe-racer/moto-guzzi-v11-cafe-racer/

moto-guzzi-caferacer-71.jpg

https://luxatic.com/the-moto-guzzi-v11-sport-receives-the-japanese-treatment/

Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport-2.jpg

Cheers to our beloved V11!

[docc copied and pasted "Image Locations".]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The bottom of the tank should either align with the bottom or the seat or it should flow together. Neither one of these two do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

I hope those bikes were pretty well trashed before they were "customized".  

Cause they are now:)

These bikes belong in the " because it's different it must be cool" demographic. I've never completely understood the "be different at any cost" philosophy. Modern choppers which are basically pretty much unrideable in the context of what is considered good dynamic performance are the obvious example. These type of bikes are a step up from those and born out of the strip it down and call it cheap coolness movement of 10 years ago. Just proves you cant fake style.

Ciao  

• Like 3

Unrelated: I have backed off all of the dampening on the forks (compression and rebound) and the steering damper, and brought up the tire pressure to 40psi rear and 38psi front, and she feels better than ever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry Kane - those two are really just V11 Lash-ups!

At the other end of the spectrum - the V11 Titanium is probably at the apex of V11 Custom.

Some other’s take the middle road..

7EDE0307-9AF3-4131-9689-E53B3499B8BD.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Cause they are now:)

These bikes belong in the " because it's different it must be cool" demographic. I've never completely understood the "be different at any cost" philosophy. Modern choppers which are basically pretty much unrideable in the context of what is considered good dynamic performance are the obvious example. These type of bikes are a step up from those and born out of the strip it down and call it cheap coolness movement of 10 years ago. Just proves you cant fake style.

Ciao  

Yeah, I could murder out my Greenie with flat black paint...............maybe I could wrap the exhaust with asbestos tape too.    Might put knobbies on it. Then I'd lower to the ground.  

Man, would that be cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I have similar feelings about many (or most?) of these custom-builds; see also what is happening nowadays to 70-80-ies BMW boxers or K-series... truly shocking!

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, and I can imagine that some of the builders are very proud of their achievements, but it is definitely not my cup of tea. The V11 is a natural beauty and will probably soon become (or already is?) a style icon (and stands way above fashion "trends" like wrapped exhausts; black matt paint, tractor front tires etc....) So there is really no need to do these horrible things to her. One can also wonder how some of these customs ride.... 

• Like 3

If you want the perfect synergy of style and function(as a spots bike) here it is. I've owned 3 of these over the years, 2 750's and a 1000 all new. This image is identical to my 1000 which had the same Marchesini wheels. At that time they all had magnificent and beautiful TIG welded frames unlike today where they are MIG welded. They were just as beautiful when you removed the bodywork, every bracket and detail was designed to be functional and beautiful. My 1000 lived in the lounge room and got ridden every month or so. I could sit there with a coffee and stare at it for ages just marvelling at how beautiful it was. I was single at that time and women I dated would be aghast when they first saw a bike in the lounge room but they quickly accepted it as you would a piece of art. Most actually thought it was pretty. And those that didn't failed the test:)

This is probably still the high watermark for mine.

Ciao

imgp0289_edited.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I dig the Griso, it’s grown on me, but my head is still on its way to wrapping around it. A lot of Thor’s hammer or something of the kind going on. Is that exoskeleton tube that cradles the tank a frame member or an accoutrement? I think if Ellen Ripley had ridden a motorbike, a Griso would have done it! Perhaps I’m still acclimating to the Griso, but I like the idea of an 8V Guzzi. How about an 8V LeMans?

4C4DCB31-E3D8-4936-A3C6-96265DF85C68.jpeg

1 hour ago, Admin Jaap said:

Not a V11 (sorry!) but imho the best looking custom CARC:

Zero-2.jpg

More info and pics:
https://caferacergarage.eu/moto-guzzi-griso-1100-zero-by-officine-rossopuro/

Yes, extreme but still usable and nicely engineered pieces. I dont know about the exhaust system though. If done right the mufflers can be a stylish enhancement to the bike as well as a performance and comfort advantage. I think on this bike there would be room under the seat for some nice twin mufflers in the general style and placement of the 916-1098 Ducati's or even something stylish on the free arm side of the bike.

Just a thought.

Ciao   

15 hours ago, rosso corsa said:

I have similar feelings about many (or most?) of these custom-builds; see also what is happening nowadays to 70-80-ies BMW boxers or K-series... truly shocking!

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, and I can imagine that some of the builders are very proud of their achievements, but it is definitely not my cup of tea. The V11 is a natural beauty and will probably soon become (or already is?) a style icon (and stands way above fashion "trends" like wrapped exhausts; black matt paint, tractor front tires etc....) So there is really no need to do these horrible things to her. One can also wonder how some of these customs ride.... 

Ahhh Beemers are ugly and slow.   Go ahead.  Probably wouldn't be any worse.  

:grin:

15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

If you want the perfect synergy of style and function(as a spots bike) here it is. I've owned 3 of these over the years, 2 750's and a 1000 all new. This image is identical to my 1000 which had the same Marchesini wheels. At that time they all had magnificent and beautiful TIG welded frames unlike today where they are MIG welded. They were just as beautiful when you removed the bodywork, every bracket and detail was designed to be functional and beautiful. My 1000 lived in the lounge room and got ridden every month or so. I could sit there with a coffee and stare at it for ages just marvelling at how beautiful it was. I was single at that time and women I dated would be aghast when they first saw a bike in the lounge room but they quickly accepted it as you would a piece of art. Most actually thought it was pretty. And those that didn't failed the test:)

This is probably still the high watermark for mine.

Ciao

imgp0289_edited.jpg

That's always ticked all the boxes for me.  I looked at owning one but thought it was way over my head to keep it running.  I can't think of a single bike that would be up there unless it's V4 Panigale and I am pretty sure that one is also way over my head.  

• Like 1