Kane

LeMans 1000 16” Front Wheel

I suppose everybody's bike is different but I have a 86 LM1V with over 180K miles and been through many tires.  Swapped bikes with a bud with his 02 Lemans way back when on a Texas trip and he told me my suspension sucked.  I guess after all those miles I had just adjusted to to it.  He ordered progressive rear shocks and fork springs for me and it really improved the bike.   The best combination I have found for tires afterward is a michelin macadam on the rear and metzeler lasertec 33 on the front.  Worst were bridgestone bt45 as had tank slapper scary deals when riding fast over elevation changes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm. I've had a hard time finding anything good to say about Lazertecs. I appreciate your riding abilities, and this is a first.. :rasta::grin:

14 hours ago, Chuck said:

Hmmm. I've had a hard time finding anything good to say about Lazertecs. I appreciate your riding abilities, and this is a first.. :rasta::grin:

It is funny. Way back in the early 90's I used Lasertec 33's and liked them. They were a great front tire, even used them for light track duty. Then at some point they developed a bad reputation, deserved or not I don't know. I had stopped using them, not because of issues with them but because I was riding motorcycles that ran radials. When I started hearing bad things about them I was surprised.