Fitness Exercise Question

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buncha pussies.. (shuffling off..)

Cymru is Wales, in Welsh. Dunno about exotic, but it's a great country. Took up mountain biking about 8years ago & despite the years, never been so fit!  Try the hip flexor stretches!

FWIW, cramping (spontaneous myospasm) is a function of electrolyte (mineral) deficiency or imbalance often exacerbated by mineral loss from exertion, heat/humidity exposure, prescription hyertension m

Posted Images

After three days of Vit B complex it's a very good placebo and makes my urine radioactive.   I honestly have felt stronger, been a little busier and have had an easier time at the gym.  It might be vitamin related.  Or in my mind....

My legs are sore  today after 30 toe taps max at 65 degree angle each leg (3 groups of ten).  Too early to know if my riding endurance will be improved.  I think I'm too sore to ride to Kansas for calf fries considering the muggy heat and the virus lurking.  But tomorrow is a new day, who knows? 

• Like 1

the virus lurking

There *is* that. I'm afraid that people aren't taking it seriously enough.. certainly not here in flyover country, although our governor has done pretty well. I guess *all* politicians don't suck.. even though I may not agree with his politics, he at least seems to have a brain and has been pretty cautious.

The virus prevention is a complete joke here.  Maybe 10% are wearing masks, bars are open.  I haven't eaten in a restaurant since it started, no haircut either.  I like my barber but..... 

I do go to the gym, it's been about 20% full.  Go to the store (grocery, hardware, liquor, motorcycle, auto parts), that's where I see folks don't wear masks.  So I ride.   Seen my mom once.  My sons come over for Sunday dinner and we are distancing.  

If I get it, man at least no one can say I didn't take it seriously. 

I am working with the county health about being a volunteer contact tracer.  But if we get no support from "authority", it will be too little too late.   I won't be a patsy or whitewash for these clowns.

I'd like to see those guys in Kansas.  Even though I know a few don't care about the virus.  

Nice to see I'm not the only bugger falling apart. 🤣

With the V11s that works wonders is customizing the seat. Stock seat. Narrowing the front part of the saddle where the bottom of your thighs hit does help with your hips. I did it to both my seats. They just take a little off. Plushing the rear suspension just a little helps too and for me hasn't affected handling. A proper tune? 

It took me years to tune my Lemans to make it an all day rider. It can be done. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

A proper tune? 

It took me years to tune my Lemans to make it an all day rider. It can be done. 

That’s quite an interesting snippet there RL... are you indicating some sort of ‘finesse’ beyond the standardised Decent T/Up?

‘It can be done.’

So what tune changes made the all day  rider difference for you...?

12 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

That’s quite an interesting snippet there RL... are you indicating some sort of ‘finesse’ beyond the standardised Decent T/Up?

‘It can be done.’

So what tune changes made the all day  rider difference for you...?

What I mean is a proper suspension setup. If the bike isn't sending the tremors up into your spine. My Lemans I had the suspension rebuilt and resprung for my weight. Did wonders. Shaved some foam in the saddle as well. Worked for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/23/2020 at 10:43 PM, LowRyter said:

So, would the stretching machine exercises help my legs riding the the Sport?  I have ridden the bike from OKC to North Carolina.  But my hammies and knees get a little tired where I can only go for an hour or so.  I rode my Ducati for a 100+ today.   I was able to keep it off the interstate and move around on it.  And feel good.  I did the stretching machine Monday.

BTW- 36 years past thirty.  Watching those gals doing yoga, that looks too hard for me.  That is too serious on another level.   (I think those classes  are cancelled for COVID.)

Thanks  for your advice.

I do think the stretching machine will help, John.   Remember, no bouncing.  Long term, low load works.  Stretch and hold it for 30 to 60 seconds.  Stretch too aggressively and you will actually lose range of motion.   My girlfriend is a yoga devotee and tells me that instructors can and do tailor exercises to folks who need gentler stretches.  I've even seen "Beer yoga" classes.  :)  As a  good PT (They're out there just not common) told me:  "movement cures all ills".  That can be modified to stretching cures a hell of a lot of ills in us old fucks.

I'm the king of the "do as I say, not as I do" club.   I used to limit rides on the V11 Sport to 500 miles.  Nowadays, that's down to 150 or less.

• Like 1