V-11 Greenie fairing ect.

Twin AH

On 6/24/2020 at 10:53 PM, docc said:

I did not know about the jackets, or would had to have had one!  The only promo materials I saw for the accessories were photocopies of the products my dealer had at the time (2000).  Part of the reason I bought every available accessory was dedication to the brand and a devotion to the Sport itself, but also to support my dealer.

Maybe docc you need to make Gio an offer seeing as he's selling the bike? Nice addition to the V11 story.

Ciao

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Maybe docc you need to make Gio an offer seeing as he's selling the bike? Nice addition to the V11 story.

Ciao

Right? I've thought more than a few times I should get his Greenie thinking everyone needs a parts bike. :luigi:

Then it always hits me: I already have the parts bike! :huh:

16 minutes ago, docc said:

Right? I've thought more than a few times I should get his Greenie thinking everyone needs a parts bike. :luigi:

Then it always hits me: I already have the parts bike! :huh:

I meant the jacket!

Ciao

• Haha 1

Just because a dealer sold something doesn't mean it came from the factory. Unless you have factory literature showing a product I would question it.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:16 AM, swooshdave said:

Just because a dealer sold something doesn't mean it came from the factory. Unless you have factory literature showing a product I would question it.

I can attest the cg "For Off Road Only Pipes" (that Dave Blue of MGNA told me were probably made by Mistral), the Tekno panniers, and the Stucchi Luigi color-matched fiberglass bikini faring were all in dealer literature as official accessories in 2000. :mg:

Other items (the canisters in metal and the jackets) may have become available in 2001, this I do not know.  IIRC, Gio says he has the accessories brochure.

Indeed - the Mistrals (purchased through dealer in 2001) did come with "off-road only" plates ... so I had some same size replacements made with "Moto Guzzi V11 Sport" and used original rivet holes to secure - so they still looked "factory" (sorry Phil ...)

Docc - I dug out the flyer (also dated 2001 for North America) and the deal was "$1500 worth of accessories" with the purchase of a new 2000 V11 Sport ... which was the flyscreen (referred to as a "quarter fairing"), Tekno bags and Jacket at the time. The one I kept must have been for Canada as the application has Province / Postal code - refreshingly different, despite my fondness for southern neighbours such as yourself my friend ...

The 2001 brochure also had flyscreen and Teknos fitted in the picture - but with stock LaFranconi cans.

Gio

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 7:53 AM, Twin AH said:

Nothing gentleman and ladies??

No green ones or silver ones ..... nothing.

I'm having a clean out and finding stuff I'd forgotten I had. I have a brand new Black V11 small fairing with screen I'd be willing to sell. Dont have the triple clamp mounts though.

Ciao 

On 7/14/2020 at 10:20 PM, Lucky Phil said:

I'm having a clean out and finding stuff I'd forgotten I had. I have a brand new Black V11 small fairing with screen I'd be willing to sell. Dont have the triple clamp mounts though.

Ciao 

Thx for that Phil.

Is that compatible for the 1999/2000 Sport?

Really need the mounting hardware as well.......... can you send me some clear pics please and what you need for it?

Ciao

Hi lucky phil    If your small fairing fits a 2000 sport i would like to buy it. could you call me at 707-888-3470

On 7/19/2020 at 12:18 AM, Twin AH said:

Thx for that Phil.

Is that compatible for the 1999/2000 Sport?

Really need the mounting hardware as well.......... can you send me some clear pics please and what you need for it?

Ciao

Here's some images. I bought this years ago as a spare and it looks like a brand new takeoff. I was looking for 100 usd for it plus postage which I'd imagine would be around $40usd but I can get an accurate cost if you can let me know your address. Harpers and others still list the brackets at $30 each but you'd need to check availability.

DSC01110.JPG

DSC01109.JPG

Ciao

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2020 at 9:42 AM, Gio said:

Indeed - the Mistrals (purchased through dealer in 2001) did come with "off-road only" plates ... so I had some same size replacements made with "Moto Guzzi V11 Sport" and used original rivet holes to secure - so they still looked "factory" (sorry Phil ...)

My V11 apparently has the same round Mistral carbon mufflers, but lacking the "off-road only" plates.  Do you still have a source for a set of replacement plates I can use to cover the rivet holes in my mufflers?