1100 sport engine

Colorobo

6 hours ago, Colorobo said:

So is the 1100 sport engine the same as the v11. Except the trans and ecu ect.

Same except for the compression ratio 9.3 for the V11 and 10.5 for the 1100 sport although the V11 has 67 kw V's the 1100 Sport with 66 kw. 

Cam is the same as is the valve size and bore and stroke. The V11 has EFI and the Sport 1100 had carbs. 1100 Sport-i had injection.

Ciao

5 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Same except for the compression ratio 9.3 for the V11 and 10.5 for the 1100 sport although the V11 has 67 kw V's the 1100 Sport with 66 kw. 

Cam is the same as is the valve size and bore and stroke. The V11 has EFI and the Sport 1100 had carbs. 1100 Sport-i had injection.

Ciao

What's the explanation for the power difference? Intake valve shrouding is the only thing that comes to mind. 

31 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

What's the explanation for the power difference? Intake valve shrouding is the only thing that comes to mind. 

The 1100 used 40mm Dellorto's and the V11 uses I think 45mm throttle bodies. The 1100 I should be the same output as the V11 with the same throttle bodies but the manual rates it the same as the 1100 carbed.

Ciao

Was the 1100 the last engine with carbs?

Not to sidetrack, but while we’re on the subject, does the Griso 1100 have the same engine as the V11?

10 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

The 1100 used 40mm Dellorto's and the V11 uses I think 45mm throttle bodies. The 1100 I should be the same output as the V11 with the same throttle bodies but the manual rates it the same as the 1100 carbed.

Ciao

V11 thru 2003 has 40mm throttle bodies, I don't know if they went bigger after that.

Paul B:bier:

6 minutes ago, paulnaz said:

V11 thru 2003 has 40mm throttle bodies, I don't know if they went bigger after that.

Paul B:bier:

Ok thanks for the clarification. I wasn't totally confident the T/B's were 45mm so  I qualified it with a "think". I was going to measure them. They are smaller than the Daytona ones so they must be 45mm. Why the quoted performance difference when the Sport has 1 point higher compression? Not sure may just be the vagueries of Italian factory literature or a conversion issue.

Ciao 

55 minutes ago, Kane said:

Was the 1100 the last engine with carbs?

Not to sidetrack, but while we’re on the subject, does the Griso 1100 have the same engine as the V11?

Not sure.

Ciao

• 2 months later...

The 2004 V11 is listed as having 9.8:1 compression. That and the head pipe crossover supposedly accounting for some added  mid-range.