V11 Sport-- interesting custom fairing.

velofish

Well, like many things I'm sure this will fall into the "love it" and "hate it" camps of aesthetic taste ^_^

.... but I love it.  It looks very Mad Max.

Is that available off the shelf from somewhere?  I don't have a naked V11, nor a Magni fairing, so not applicable to me.  But I'd consider it if I did just because it is so odd B)

• Like 1

It's for riders who like to illuminate their big jugs. The upper is a repop of a Magni half fairing or something. The lower is pure garage rock. But, what would it do to the cylinder head temp?

9 hours ago, velofish said:

You've probably all seen this already.  It came up on the FB group.  Almost reminds me of a Bol d'or bike.

104697972_3235659209817794_4141132364950104885214_3235658999817815_8808812902684104740720_3235659019817813_2353191101112

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3235658873151161&set=pcb.3235660023151046&type=3&theater&ifg=1

If there's one thing a Guzzi or any big air cooled V twin doesn't need it's something impeding airflow to the cylinders, let alone the hottest area of the cylinders. Do people not rationalise this stuff before going ahead with something like this? Apart from that it looks Shite in my opinion, but thats to be expected from someone that runs the Quad-D tin can and, Ahem, bar end mirrors:) He's achieved the trifecta of bad taste here. 

Ciao 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They're not really lights, but reflectors. The glow from the cylinder heads and exhaust helps light the way - for a mile or so.

• Like 4

It might have a pair of those legendary, über rare factory liquid cooled cylinders. (OK, I made that up). Still, would do nothing for the cherry red headers. Maybe these blokes thought up the header wrap...

The creator is a fellow named Jacopo Tarquini from Grosseto Italy.  He won't be making more.  The lowers are from a LeMans fairing.  The "windshield' is for a Laverda SFC. 

I've decided that I like it.  I'd like to see it in person to get a better idea of the proportions.  Checking temps would be interesting.

• Like 1

I think there is still going to be a lot of air gulped into that central opening, and one can glimpse the exhaust port & header through that opening.

But who knows, only the owner that rides with it will know if it overheats or not...   :huh2:

As usual, I'm in the style minority, but I like that ;)   ...everyone else seems to hate the XJ40 Jaguar too, but that's why they are cheap is why I have a 94 XJ12 :sun: