VDST worth messing with anymore?

OK, so don't laugh... but with being stuck working from home for months, I've also had more spare time to go through my junk and have found all sorts of things I've forgotten about, and apparently one of those is a "VDST Standard" kit that I bought years ago before everyone really figured out GuzziDiag, etc.  From the invoice, it looks like I bought it from Todd Eagan way back in 2008, and in 2015 he told me that TechnoResearch had already gone through two rebrandings since then.

So the question is in the context of Guzzidiag; it is even worth keeping and trying to mess with VDST anymore or should I just make it available to someone with a Ducati, etc?

Any thoughts by those that may have used VDST on if it has any advantages over GuzziDiag?  I'd rather not put effort into mastering both if GuzziDiag gets you there.

Thanks

I used to have VDST on a Palm Pilot :oldgit: and it was much better than nothing. Just the same, Guzzidiag does so much more and costs so much less.. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't you have to purchase a license for it,whether for one bike or multiple units?...I love spare part archeology!...

If you want to know what VDST is like I suggest you get a bottle of tomato passata, take it somewhere with a white marble floor and then throw the bottle of passata hard at the floor, watch it smash and look at the delightful pointillist  pattern on the marble.

Now, stop for a moment and imagine that rather than using a bottle of passata for this experiment you had got an older food processor, one of the ones that doesn't turn off when you take the lid off.

Now imagine squatting down naked and lowering your wedding tackle into the bowl of the blender with the blades whistling round like glittering swords of death!.

Now imagine taking the results and tossing them onto the marble floor and doing a comparison between the amount of pain, pleasure and useful information you got from the two experiments.

Which one equates to the misery experienced by people who bought into the VDST hoax? You guess.........

• Haha 4

^^^^ Actually, the one I had on the Palm Pilot worked. I had to send it to him so he could load it on the PP. Maybe the only one ever? Dunno. Checked out The Kid's Duck with it.. he was impressed.. it would work on anything. When the PP died, so did the program, though.

• Haha 1