Spark Plug Gap?

mznyc

Did a search and it didn't come up,

shop manual says ....  0,7mm(comma,not decimal point), assuming that's .7MM,just wanted to make sure I've been doing this right for years.....

Comma is "point" in Eurospeak. In decimals, it's .027559, but .027 or .028 is good enough fur us 'Murricans. Tried Iridium plugs? First thing I did and noticed quicker starts. It has Autolites now, but I have NGKs at the ready just in case. I have obtained 40mpg at 70-80mph on the freeway - which might not be stellar, but not bad for the old lump, considering it is still breaking in. 

1 hour ago, mznyc said:

Got that flipped Inches .027 "= .711MM

We Luddites have trouble coping.  The .027 (inches) is from my Chevy small block days. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Just received a new pair of NGK BPR6ES, they have a 0.85mm gap. Dave Richardson (p. 145 Guzziology), lists 0.7mm for these plugs for the V11, but he also states "more gap is always better but only up to the limit of the coil's output". Anyone happen to know what that limit is?

...just pulled my current plugs, they also measure .85 to .9mm (.035"). They look fine - good tan color. But that gap is 20-25% more than spec. Seems like a lot to me.

• Like 1