mods for encroaching geriatrics

jami

I installed a set of Verlicchi Touring clipons that I found on eBay, similar to Convertibars but have the MG eagle engraved on them. They’re very comfortable with the fork brackets turned back to near the tank and the bars raised to limits of cabling.
I also installed the Buell pegs and probably will take them off.  I liked the inch drop but I dislike working the shifter pigeon toed.

Here’s another bar option:

https://spieglerusa.com/controls/handlebar-conversion/handlebar-conversion-kit-4317.html

Oops, left out LeMans when searching Spiegler. Never mind.

Edited by Bob Maynard
Oops

I'm 61, I've had severe neck issues in the past, a good chiro got me back on track, and I now do my own stretching, cracking etc that I need to do, to stay relatively pain free. I learned too late the perils of ignoring core exercises, so now I'm playing catch up managing a hernia with exercise. Simple stretching, walking and boxsteps have a huge impact on my day to day fitness level.

It was with some trepidation, that I jumped into my 2003 Lemans, but I'm doing what I can to make it a comfortable ride.

Picked up a Rich Maund seat, got the touring MRA windscreen and for the price of a used bike,lol, got a set of MPH Risers.

The MPH risers were extremely expensive to bring into Canada, but they are nice kit, loosening up the wire bundles in the loom and rerouting some items was crucial for a good install, but I was very disappointed in the brake/clutch lines in the kit. Rather than OEM style 90 degree fittings the lines are supplied with straight inline fittings pointing directly at the speedo & tach, virtually eliminating a complete range of motion and adjustability, fwiw, jmho.

Life being what it is, I haven't got the bike altogether and on the road, but I'm thinking the comfort level should be quite a bit better, if I really get on with the bike and it needs it, I might look at lowering the pegs.

The V11 series offers a very unique slice of guzzi design and ownership experience, if I have to mod the bike ,to make it work for me, so be it.

Kelly

• Like 3

In the US, the Woodcraft company has been making various handlebar options for some decades. They have riser models up to 3".

https://woodcraft-cfm.com/collections/clipon-risers/?page=1&rb_tags=2004-buell-xb12r-firebolt-esi7940075|fitment_universal

13 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

I *think* I have a set of these in a box somewhere... that I meant to install.  I found the instructions as I was going through and organizing my documentation for the LeMans the other night.

Did you have to raise the forks in the triples at all or very much to get the clamps on the forks above the triples?  I think I remember looking at them and noting that they were taller than the OEM bar clamps.

https://shop.daes-mototec.com/images/Artikel_PDFs/Lenkerstummel DÄS - V11 LM.pdf

Instructions in German ;-)

Hello jami,  When I purchased the Coppa yesterday in 2005 I remember looking at an aftermarket set of pegs that would moved your feet forward for taller riders. I've no idea if other mods were needed for brake and shifter. MY geriatric mind can't recall who or where unfortunately. But they did exist. Also, the Coppa came through with not quite upright bars, higher than clip ons , but not quite tall enough to sit upright unless your holding on with one hand. With two hands you have to lean a little. IN GOLD . Not sure if other models used similar bars in an easier color. They are also longer than clip ons but still narrower than standard bars. Hope this helps.

Lots of good information to digest and further research - thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and info.  

My husband and I just took a 7-day ride to eastern Oregon (from NW Washington) - rode every day, mostly all day (to ensure social distancing, of course....) - he on his new Yamaha Tracer and me on the BMW, and I felt good when we got home - just a little fatigued in general, so I can hardly complain, actually!!  Would be awfully greedy to be able to still do a trip like that on the Rosso.....  LOL.  

Thanks again, everyone, and HAPPY RIDING!!!  

• Like 1

OMG - is this the famous Chuck From Indiana, from Indiana????   Who likes some fine scotch after a fun day of backroad twisties???   

Hello!!  Great to see your voice!!  

• Like 1