MFW Lowering foot pegs

freehme

That's interesting,nice find! I've never heard of that MFW Vario system, but I like that Twisted Throttle available in Canada carries them.

I did a quick search online for info and found out that Stein Dinse lists them for sale as well, I've never bought through them, but I think they have a reputation for selling quality kit, fyi

https://www.stein-dinse.biz/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=173541

That system adds up, when you figure in bracket, mount and footpeg, but there aren't a lot of options out there.

Hopefully someone with knowledge or experience will chime in.

Tks

Kelly

The problem for me with these different lowered pegs is that is places your feet outboard about an inch more. With the oem pegs your boot is partially on the mount bracket with the lowered ones it is not..so you have to kind of turn the front of your foot inward to really get it under the shifter rubber otherwise I felt like  just my big toe is doing the shifting..At least that is my experience..I didn't like it...Maybe others have a different opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

The problem for me with these different lowered pegs is that is places your feet outboard about an inch more. With the oem pegs your boot is partially on the mount bracket with the lowered ones it is not..so you have to kind of turn the front of your foot inward to really get it under the shifter rubber otherwise I felt like  just my big toe is doing the shifting..At least that is my experience..I didn't like it...Maybe others have a different opinion.

I had never heard of these pegs before, but when I researched them and found a few posts here and elsewhere; one of the complaints I read a few times, was that users did not like having to do "pigeon toed" shifting. 

I didn't understand what they meant; but after taking a look at the a/m photo and your explanation, I do now.

It's the bulky bracket, peg attachment that seems to cause issues, I'm surprised that no one has designed a simple clean L shaped peg assembly all in one.

Tks

Kelly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

I agree 100%, which was my experience with fitting the Buell pegs from a decade ago.  I made "extenders" for the shift and brake barrels/pegs, but it still felt odd.  So I'm taking them off.    I'll probably give the Motratech kit a try, and if that fails just go back to stock.

I've seen a number of these types of lowering pegs, and many look to be very well made, but the same problem presents itself.

For riders who find this pigeon toe scenario undesirable, you are only left with a few options:

1)  Live with the stock pegs, which really aren't THAT bad honestly.  It's no R1 ;)

2)  Find some used Centauro controls, although I've not personally tested this.

3)  Find some NOS Motratech controls, but he's retired :(

4)  Someone design a different solution that slightly lowers the pegs but keeps them in tight to the bike.

• Like 1

And we still like turning, lowering is a NO,, they're not to bad. Just get of for a few minutes  :rasta:, thats medicin.

Cheers tom.

18 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

I agree 100%, which was my experience with fitting the Buell pegs from a decade ago.  I made "extenders" for the shift and brake barrels/pegs, but it still felt odd.  So I'm taking them off.    I'll probably give the Motratech kit a try, and if that fails just go back to stock.

I've seen a number of these types of lowering pegs, and many look to be very well made, but the same problem presents itself.

For riders who find this pigeon toe scenario undesirable, you are only left with a few options:

1)  Live with the stock pegs, which really aren't THAT bad honestly.  It's no R1 ;)

2)  Find some used Centauro controls, although I've not personally tested this.

3)  Find some NOS Motratech controls, but he's retired :(

4)  Someone design a different solution that slightly lowers the pegs but keeps them in tight to the bike.

"Live with the stock pegs, which really aren't THAT bad honestly.  It's no R1 "

My sentiments exactly...:-)

Thanks all for the feedback. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I may try the Buell pegs first.   Being a taller guy, having that extra inch or two would help for longer rides.