diagnostic cable availability

cosmo

Well, OBD2cables.com  was kind enough to respond within a day. They are a no-go. "Due to Chinese tariffs they are winding down their cable business and no longer make custom cables, and do not have the cable in stock."  Still wondering if anyone has a designation of the style of 3 prong plug that connects to the tps. I still haven't returned the incorrect one and am not above preforming a little cable surgery. This IS turning out to be a little more difficult than anticipated.

Well, (wasn't that quick) went to the Lonelec site again and WAS able to find the single cable. YAY !  Not sure as to why I could only find the cable set (2) before.  No one should hear from me now until I probably get confused with the guzzidiag.  :doh:   Thanks to all again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 6:08 AM, cosmo said:

Well gstallons,  you've shown up twice now to help. I now have to picture you riding up out of a rising sun astride a large , white , snorting motorcycle , with a tin badge on your chest with a big G. Not for gstallons, but for Genius. Yes, I said it again. Thank you for your imput again my friend. I'll look into it today. Happy trails ! 
 And docc, thank you for your imput also. You also wear a big G tin badge. I just enjoy poking fun at my friend gstallons..:D

You've never seen how I act (on my large white motorcycle) when I get around windmills . 

• Haha 1

I too just ordered the set.  They are on the way :thumbsup:

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_20&product_id=51

I had a set from who-knows-how-long-ago and never was tested.  I think it may have been an early set when everyone was first trying to figure out which cables really worked.  So I'll just keep those questionable ones in "reserve" and go with the set everyone says works. 

I'm glad this thread popped up as I dreaded going through those long GuzziDiag threads to try and figure out which set worked and who to order it from.  So, excellent timing!  :sun:

• Like 1

Hey Al,     While you're waiting for your Lonelec cables to arrive, if you haven't done so already, I highly recommend also picking up a set of the Casper's breakout cables that gstallons posted a thread link to, on page 1 of this discussion.

Armed with those 2 simple tools really helped me demystify doing tune ups on my efi guzzis.

I may still be overwhelmed and have the deer in the headlight look at times, while trying to navigate guzzidiag/procedures etc,,, but not having to worry about the cable connections for the TPS and guzzidiag; is gold. fwiw

Good luck

Kelly