Tales from the Cul De Sac - Guzzi Edition

swooshdave

So my buddy Mike has been filming a series of interviews at his Cul De Sac. It's a way to socially distance and still get a motorcycle fix during this wee pandemic. It's mostly British bikes because, well, that's what his channel is about but that doesn't mean there can't be some diversity. Some of his viewers have been clamoring for some Guzzis so I rounded up my friend Terry and gave them a double dose.

The channel is at http://themightygarage.com and if you like great motorcycle videos then consider subscribing. New videos are released at least once a week and this time of year even more often.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

:mg:      "It's a special kind of crazy."      :mg: 

-swooshdave

1 hour ago, docc said:

:mg:      "It's a special kind of crazy."      :mg: 

-swooshdave

I figure I wouldn’t get much push back with that comment. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike is a good guy and oNe is a good group..I watched all his Videos for years while building my Commando's..!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, swooshdave said:

I can't believe no one mentioned the forum call out. :(

I'm sure it was appreciated by all that you were flying the flag,,, what can I say, we're a bashful shy bunch,lol.

I did want to ask you though, as you rumbled up in the video, were the DBK's in or out of those Mistral pipes?

It sounded very sweet, nice low rumble.

Kelly

Cool vid. Kinda reminded me of a Steve Irwin clip. I was waiting for the narrator to jump out from the camera and wrestle one of you. Guzzis in the wild. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

I did want to ask you though, as you rumbled up in the video, were the DBK's in or out of those Mistral pipes?

I didn't know they came with DBKs. How can you tell?

1 hour ago, Rox Lemans said:

Cool vid. Kinda reminded me of a Steve Irwin clip. I was waiting for the narrator to jump out from the camera and wrestle one of you. Guzzis in the wild. 

Mike is a scrappy lad, I'm sure he could have taken us both on!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, swooshdave said:

I didn't know they came with DBKs. How can you tell?

I think they all come with DBK's now, some of the older pipes may not have them?

Mistral exhausts are new to me, but the ones I recently bought have a DBK held in with a single allen head fastening.

I haven't tried the set on my V11 yet, but when I tried different fuel maps on my CalVin, I had to put the DBK's in to improve low speed running.

On my CalVin, without the DBK's it seemed to loose the nice low rumble and the sound got a bit sharper than I like, that's why I was curious how your pipes were set up, your bike has that nice low rumbly thunder mg sound that I'm looking for.

Kelly

19 hours ago, swooshdave said:

I can't believe no one mentioned the forum call out. :(

I wanted to, but I got distracted by a call from a pesky client while watching the video. Only had time to click the Like button.
So: Thanks for the video, and even more for mentioning this site. Seeing the v11lemans.com logo slide in made my week :sun:

• Like 4