New to me Coppa Italia

daviscr5

Hello All,

New to the forum.  I've kept my eye open for a clean V11 since selling a Thruxton R a few months back. Well I got lucky and found this beauty in Phoenix.  It just arrived to my home in Central Oregon and I couldn't be happier.  She parks right next to her Griso brother in the garage:).  A few questions: 1.) Any idea who makes this rack?  Guzzi?  2.) Any suggestions for a tasteful tail bag to attach to the rack?  3.) Any tricks to fix the tripmeter (it's way off, maybe tracks 1/3rd of the mileage I ride)?  I'm looking forward to being part of the community.  I got the Guzzi obsession in 2010 when I purchased my first Guzzi from AF1 in Austin - a 2007 Griso.  I regretfully sold it a few years later only to purchase a newer 8v Griso with a V7 in between.  I have learned my lesson and will never be Guzzi-less again.  I currently have a Griso, Vstrom and now this V11 in the garage.

Thanks, 

Chris

IMG950048.jpg

• Like 11

The rack is OEM Guzzi . Guzzi has/had a bag that attaches to it , looks beautiful and is very good.  Shop around for a used one here , NOS from dealerships , then eBay or Amazon . 

• Thanks 1

Thank you both. I'll keep an eye out for a bag and check out the speedo repair guy.  Funny, the speed and tach work fine, but the odo and tripmeter are definitely lagging. Could be worse, I am loving this bike!

11 hours ago, daviscr5 said:

... since selling a Thruxton R a few months back...

Nice bike Chris!

But tell me, how does it compare to the Thruxton R? That Triumph I rode seemed to be the most planted and sure-footed bike I've ever been on. 

It made me think I should upgrade my V11 Sachs/Boge & Marzocchi suspension. Well that, and the occasional nudge from Cash1000. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Nice bike Chris!

But tell me, how does it compare to the Thruxton R? That Triumph I rode seemed to be the most planted and sure-footed bike I've ever been on. 

It made me think I should upgrade my V11 Sachs/Boge & Marzocchi suspension. Well that, and the occasional nudge from Cash1000. 

You are comparing apples to oranges, comparing Ohlins to older tech Marzocchi's. Not to divert the thread but I am going down that road.

Daviscr5, a beautiful bike ! Congratulations on snagging that one. Post up what you find as you clean it up, we'll all be interested.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Nice bike Chris!

Hello Marty. The Thruxton was a fine bike. Accelerated hard, braked magnificently.  Just didn't ever compel me to pick it over the Griso for a Sunday ride so it was collecting dust. The Triumph parallel twin was just kinda boring to me and I was out of garage room to add another Guzzi.  I certainly wouldn't discourage someone from buying a Thrux (assuming they already had a proper Guzzi on hand);).

15 hours ago, LowRyter said:

not cheap but here's a contact for speedo repair

https://joellevinecompany.com/Speedo-Tach-Repair

I emailed Joel and he replied back right away. $295 to refurbish the speedo and takes around 14 days.  Says it's a common issue.  I just need to figure out how to remove it without breaking anything.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, al_roethlisberger said:

As mentioned, the rack is OEM MG.  I had one, and as I recall the weight limit is pretty low, so be aware, likely because of how it is cantilever mounted.

Looks great and welcome :)

Thanks Al!