My Carbon Fiber Tank and Tail arrived today!

Mikko

You have added thickness to parts. I would actually be surprised if they fit. The thicker carbon layer on the tail section has raised your seat. The cowl (because it's attached to the seat is going to be higher. To get the cowl to fit you'll need to lower the seat somehow. Or shorten the seat. No amount of sun is going to help.

True..I do have a Tenni seat that'll be here Tuesday. I am going to take a ride down to Astech Seats to have them do their foam/gel custom sculpting thing and get that passenger part trimmed so the cover fits perfect. It does bolt up..and that's a new tail I purchased from a member here. On the bottom of the seat there are two sections on either side that slip in between the tail. I had to sand those down a wee bit, looks like I'll need to invest some time and money to get the Tenni to fit like it should. All in all not bad for initial test fitting...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mikko said:

True..I do have a Tenni seat that'll be here Tuesday. I am going to take a ride down to Astech Seats to have them do their foam/gel custom sculpting thing and get that passenger part trimmed so the cover fits perfect. It does bolt up..and that's new tail I purchased from a member here. On the bottom of the seat there are two sections on either side that slip in between the tail. I had to sand those down a wee bit. All in all not bad for initial test fitting...

What has happened is the additional thickness of the tail section has raised the seat. The raise seat has raised the cowl which is attached to the seat.

A couple options:

Shorten the seat base. Normally this would be bad as it would hit stuff under the seat like the ECU but in your case it might work. Changing the seat base may require altering the foam and upholstery.

Shorten the seat and move the cowl mounting points. It's not just the foam that needs to be lowered but the cowl mounting points too. No need to trim the cowl. In fact if you do it may fit worse.

All good advice, thanks. I'm going to let the pro's figure that out. Both bikes are going to Chicago for the heart transplant. I was excited and wanted to see at least the tail on it and get an idea of how it fits. when the pump parts arrive, I'll also get that tank on. I'm going to pull the starter cover and have that remade in carbon, not skinned so if anyone would like a carbon starter cover chime in and you'll pay exactly what it costs..no mark up from me.

• Like 1

Yeah, ya gots to pay extra for "Deep Dish" . . . nothing is gonna be Thin Crust on this Scura. :ph34r::ninja:

V

V

97703-DF4-CB91-424-C-AD1-E-314-BDA6-B6-F

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mikko said:

.... I do have a full fairing that will be cut and fitted, I am having that copied in pure carbon once the fiberglass pieces is fitted. This is a replica Honda CB750 race fairing:

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Wow. I can’t wait to see it all together! The Scura is a great dark beauty, and you’re taking it to another level.

It will be interesting to see what you do with the seat, with sculpting and cover material. Thanks for posting all of this. It’s great to see the work in progress!

40 minutes ago, docc said:

Yeah, ya gots to pay extra for "Deep Dish" . . . nothing is gonna be Thin Crust on this Scura. :ph34r::ninja:

V

V

It's only a dollar more!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After a bit of climate change....I went out and tweaked on it some more. Much better fit. I removed the tail and re-installed it and it was a lot easier to get it into place. Once my new seat gets here, i know i can have the guys trim it to fit perfectly 

IMG-5563.jpg

IMG-5562.jpg

IMG-5561.jpg

IMG-5559.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mikko said:

All good advice, thanks. I'm going to let the pro's figure that out. Both bikes are going to Chicago for the heart transplant. I was excited and wanted to see at least the tail on it and get an idea of how it fits. when the pump parts arrive, I'll also get that tank on. I'm going to pull the starter cover and have that remade in carbon, not skinned so if anyone would like a carbon starter cover chime in and you'll pay exactly what it costs..no mark up from me.

I bet you could presell more than a few. They do show up for sale occasionally.

You should get prices for a few ranges. 1, 10, 50. 

Especially since they are readily available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132489689696