Scura build

Mikko

I am going to start a new build page. I had some issues with rude behavior and in retrospect, it isn't worth not being here. That explains why i dropped off the site for a few months. Anyway i'm back and sorry to anyone that may have been disappointed or let down for my abrupt absence.

• Like 2

Overview:

Taking the best of three generations of Guzzi's last real sport bikes and pay honor and also a tribute to Italy's oldest Motorcycle company.

From the Daytona:

4V High cam Engine.

V11:

Will serve as the build point. Using the 6 speed transmission with the Daytona engine as the main part.

MGS-01

Wheels 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Engine will be modified with a geared timing system, upgraded oil pump and cam followers. Displacement increase along with bigger valves and a lot of expensive head work.

Suspension will be completely  replaced. Mupo Italy will provide the rear shock, Steering damper and Fork Cartridges. The forks i am waiting on to be built and i will show everyone when i have them here.

Radial Brembo GP Calipers front axle.

Frame will remain stock aside from the front subframe from my Centauro donor bike. 

Body is "skinned" in Carbon fiber and a Honda CR750 Full Fairing will be fitted. 

A NOS SEV MARCHAL H1 +H3 Amplilux Headlight 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikko said:

I am going to start a new build page. I had some issues with rude behavior and in retrospect, it isn't worth not being here. That explains why i dropped off the site for a few months. Anyway i'm back and sorry to anyone that may have been disappointed or let down for my abrupt absence.

Hey , I am a member of i-atn and I had a guy piss me off so bad I wanted to drive about 600 miles and set his house on fire and shoot anyone that came out , I blocked him for a couple of years .

Got to reading his responses to help requests and realized he was usually right . He just had an undiluted way of answering . He is now my best friend and I took up for him when he was gonna get barred from the site . 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, gstallons said:

make sure you don't use the aluminum gear set-up . That stuff lasts about as long as an ice cream cone in July .

Those gears are coming from the U.K. Joe Caruso has them made and they are steel.

heres the invoice from Joe this morning:

CENTAURO LARGE STEEL GEAR           350.00

CENTAURO OIL PUMP STEEL GEAR      235.00

CENTAURO UPGRADE OIL PUMP           375.00

BRONZE THRUST FLANGE                        90.00

CAM FOLLOWERS X 4                              420.00

SHIPPING TO USA TRACKED

GLOBAL PRIORITY                                     67.00

TOTAL  AMOUNT   UK POUNDS           £1537.00       

I’m wrapping my wallet in asbestos....

• Like 6

Sounds like a really interesting build, I'm sure we'd all appreciate photo's as the project progress. I am always in amazement of folks that dream and undertake such bold projects.

Welcome back!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nobleswood said:

I'll take on the job of asking many of the questions about the suspension. Particularly what you are doing with the forks. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it

I am not using any factory Ohlins components. The forks are top secret till they arrive. I will say that they will have Mupo K911 Cartridges in them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mikko said:

Pics of the really awesome headlight. These are independently adjustable for high and low beam. The pinnacle of Marchal

IMG-5567.jpg

Yeah I had to Google the headlight (SEV MARCHAL H1 +H3 Amplilux Headlight) yesterday when you mentioned it in the list above to see what it was.  That's an interesting history and a sharp looking light.

Now it makes me wonder if it would fit in a Lemans bucket ;)

• Like 1

I love that era, seeing a vintage Ferrari or Aston equipped with a set of Marchal’s gets me right in the feels...it’s a shame that storied brand is now being slapped on cheap ass Asian crap. 

I found a company in France who specializes in finding exotic old school lighting and they have a few of these NOS. 

So I had to get one.. if you do some more digging around there’s a guy with a site on Panteras and he goes into the lighting thing deep.

Since I went with the in tank pump, I wanted to make sure I won’t have issues with those plastic disconnects. I found these: https://ziptyracing.com/products/fuel-pump-elbow-oem-8000ah2930-gte-fi-husky?_pos=1&_sid=4604f34df&_ss=r

you remove the plastic elbows, tap and thread the fuel pump base and screw these bad boys in.

89D007E5-82E4-4860-9CBE-531CCBA3DE14.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mikko said:

Since I went with the in tank pump, I wanted to make sure I won’t have issues with those plastic disconnects. I found these: https://ziptyracing.com/products/fuel-pump-elbow-oem-8000ah2930-gte-fi-husky?_pos=1&_sid=4604f34df&_ss=r

you remove the plastic elbows, tap and thread the fuel pump base and screw these bad boys in.

89D007E5-82E4-4860-9CBE-531CCBA3DE14.jpeg

That looks interesting, so I guess you'll need two.  

Let us know how well it works out, and perhaps some "how to" photos of the removal of the old plastic elbows and install of the new metal ones.

• Like 2