left throttle body

Gmc28

16 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Our company has a sizable collection of WW2 birds that’s kept at Madras airport, here in Oregon (likely not a town you’d know unless you’re from around here... a perfect place to build a nice big facility on a quiet airport).  Pretty much Only the owner got to fly the P38, his favorite, for many years.  
The air show in Madras each year is great, because it’s such a quiet little airport, and not a zoo like some of the big air shows.
if you’re a fan, here’s the collection:

www.ericksoncollection.com

And of course, to stay on theme, if you’re ever riding your V11 in or near Oregon, be sure to take in some of the top notch riding out in central Oregon, and stop by the museum!

Wow awesome collection. On my must see list now if I get back to the States. The image of the FW190 reminded me the Brits captured a fully operational one during the war and tested it against their aircraft at the time. They blew up the engine in it when they were speed testing it against a Griffon engined Spitfire and a Mustang if I remember correctly. All 3 side by side in formation high speed run for the boffins apparently. The Griffon Spitfire was pulling a gap when the FW blew up. Now there's an engine for you the RR Griffon, 10 litres bigger than a Merlin and more reliable to boot. Such a beast in a Spitfire you couldn't use full power on takeoff for lack of roll control at low speed and would out climb any other single engined fighter at the time. 

Ciao   

And who says a spoogy throttle body on an old Moto Guzzi doesn't make for a lively and engaging conversation piece? :grin:

• Haha 3

Gmc28, I take it then you must work for Erickson skycrane??  When I lived in Phoenix we used them to remove/install new cooling towers on a hi-rise that was remodeled and what a sight to watch!  Now I live in very northern AZ I see them now and then as they use our aiprort as a refueling stop.  Quite the operation.

Paul B:bier:

18 hours ago, paulnaz said:

Gmc28, I take it then you must work for Erickson skycrane??  When I lived in Phoenix we used them to remove/install new cooling towers on a hi-rise that was remodeled and what a sight to watch!  Now I live in very northern AZ I see them now and then as they use our aiprort as a refueling stop.  Quite the operation.

Paul B:bier:

Actually I’m with Erickson Aero Tanker (Aero Air).  Jack Erickson sold sky crane many years ago, and partnered with my boss to buy this company.  And it is his collection we speak of.  His name is part of both the old and the new companies, as founder of the old company and owner of the current one.  We work alongside the big sikorsky’s sometimes, but we’re in the white/orange fire fighter jets, the MD87’s. And we’ve definitely been overhead in northern AZ quite a bit this season, and on the ground there at Prescott, Winslow, then over at silver city NM, etc.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Actually I’m with Erickson Aero Tanker (Aero Air).  Jack Erickson sold sky crane many years ago, and partnered with my boss to buy this company.  And it is his collection we speak of.  His name is part of both the old and the new companies, as founder of the old company and owner of the current one.  We work alongside the big sikorsky’s sometimes, but we’re in the white/orange fire fighter jets, the MD87’s. And we’ve definitely been overhead in northern AZ quite a bit this season, and on the ground there at Prescott, Winslow, then over at silver city NM, etc.  

How frikkin' cool is that! Thanks for the excellent service,  :notworthy:  Gmc28!   :thumbsup:

103-EAT-1.jpg?resize=1160,674&ssl=1

• Like 4

That’s us.  Nice action pic!

• Like 1