Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods

hi all newcomer to the Guzzi family, just bought a 1992 750 targa, only 10,000 mis and she is a stunner, fitting a new air filter at the moment wish is trying my patience but all in all lovely and want to keep her. My question is, can I get spares ok.???

Not exactly a newer model but hey:lol:

So it's a smallblock 750. 2 or 4 valve per cylinder. I can't remember.

As for parts there is some communality with other models but stuff like bodywork and some engine bits will probably be difficult. Try TLM in Holland, Stein Dinse in Germany or Ago's in Mandello.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was. So it's a grenade. Do a lot of research and fixin before you ride it. Look for information from Chuck, Jacksnracing, and a few other hard core  4V smallblock masochists for info. Chuck will also probably know other names? Who was that Scandinavian nutter? GuzziBlue or some such?

Barking mad but very knowledgeable.

The Targa really is a good looking Guzzi! Once Malcolm checks back in to these excellent replies, I'll move his thread over to "Older Models" . . .

f4Ab9nn73z-YOxCCjo0H_zmQHlbdrsia3W8-nSj9

4 minutes ago, docc said:

The Targa really is a good looking Guzzi! Once Malcolm checks back in to these excellent replies, I'll move his thread over to "Older Models" . . .

f4Ab9nn73z-YOxCCjo0H_zmQHlbdrsia3W8-nSj9

Thats a Mk4 Lemans docc. Later 18' front wheel version.

Ciao

1 minute ago, Lucky Phil said:

Thats a Mk4 Lemans docc. Later 18' front wheel version.

Ciao

Haha, I see that now (clearly). So much for trusting a quick web search . . . :blush:

6 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Well that's interesting because that one is a 2 valver.

Watch out for docc's random images!  Who knows, someone might have swapped that motor in . . .

43 minutes ago, docc said:

Do-over! My, but there is a family resemblance there . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes I've often had to look twice to distinguish between the two.

Maybe there should be a law that says all the small blocks have to be fitted with something distinguishing, like ahem, red fork gaiters. Although to be fair the bits of piston and valves  shooting out the exhaust is generally a giveaway. 

Ciao

I owned one for a while. My first Guzzi. Only problem I had was rear brake calipher needed rebuilding. Nice ride. Comfortable. Not much horse power (50 I think) but light so good trade off.

Yes they only have a 2 valve head

2 minutes ago, cash1000 said:

I owned one for a while. My first Guzzi. Only problem I had was rear brake calipher needed rebuilding. Nice ride. Comfortable. Not much horse power (50 I think) but light so good trade off.

Yes they only have a 2 valve head

In which case they aren't quite as much of a grenade......:D

• Haha 1