Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods

I really can't remember. When I was working in London the V75 had just been launched. It was one of the biggest grenades ever! The shop sold one to a bloke in Bristol, he picked it up and it dropped a valve before it got to Reading! They did that a lot!

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, pete roper said:

I really can't remember. When I was working in London the V75 had just been launched. It was one of the biggest grenades ever! The shop sold one to a bloke in Bristol, he picked it up and it dropped a valve before it got to Reading! They did that a lot!

What a nightmare for a new owner, an emotional roller coaster that day. I had a friend working as warranty guy for a major Japanese brand here and they had a brand new 750 sports bike lock up and engine on a new owner and dump him on the ground fortunately at low speed without injuries.Traced to an extra free floating valve adjustment shim in the head. Ouch.

How about the Ducati Monster that wouldn't extinguish its oil pressure light on pre delivery. Traced to an oil gallery not fully drilled. So the engine had done its 20min run on the electric drive at the factory and assembled at the factory and had its production line tune up all without any oil pressure. Damage was surprisingly minimal when pulled down, just a new set of big end shells and good to go! 

He had a million interesting mechanical stories that I wont go into because it may spoil everyone's new bike buying experience.

Ciao